Dear Jane,
Two years ago today Dad and I drove through a spring snowstorm to get to the hospital for your delivery. I remember watching large snowflakes drift down from the heavens while in I was in labor with you. That snowstorm was an unexpected delight. You, my dear, are the unexpected delight of our family. I am so happy to have you in my life. Don't tell anyone else, but you are my favorite daughter! You have added a whirlwind of excitement to my life and I am so glad that I was blessed to be your mother.
I have to admit that sometimes I am a bit jealous of how much your Dad loves you. The two of you have an awesome bond. I love to see your eyes light up when he enters the room and listen to you yell out "Daddy!".
I love how expressive you are. Your little face tells so many stories! I'm sure that you have told me many stories but I just don't understand everything that you say. Even though I don't understand you, I LOVE listening to you talk! (You talk a lot)
You are one smart girl. I have been amazed at how much you understand at such a young age. You love routines and patterns. You love to read books (you are definitely part of the right family for that!).
I love how you can get anyone who comes over to visit to read you a book. We have read these little books to you hundreds of times. We will read them to you hundreds more, I'm sure.
| Dad and Jane |
![]() |
| Uncle Ben and Jane |
![]() |
| Uncle Jared and Jane |
You are a wonderful companion in the kitchen. It is fun to see you imitate the things that I do while making dinner. It is fun to see you pull out an apron and beg me to help you put it on. It is fun to watch you cut up apple slices and devour them.
Jane, you are such a sweet girl. Over the past few months, I have noticed how caring and nurturing you are. You feed your babies, put them to bed, and read them books. After my eye surgery, you helped wipe my eyes with a tissue and gave me a hug. When I was resting on the couch, you brought a blanket from your bed and put it on me. Thank you for taking care of me!
You have made me a better person. Being a mother is a tricky job. You can thank your brothers for helping me be more patient with you than I was with them. Being the youngest really does have great perks! I can't tell you enough how much you have added to my life. You have give me reasons to smile when I didn't feel like smiling. Thank you for being my daughter.
![]() |
| Jane and Mom (on Jane's 1st birthday) |
I love how you admire your brothers. You love to be with them and you try your best to keep up with them. I have a feeling that you are everyone's favorite sister! You are so cute with Seth. He is your buddy and I love to watch you interact with him. I have always loved and admired my big brother, Randy. You and Seth are about five years apart from each other, like Randy and me. Seth can be your best protector and friend as the years go on. Please don't be afraid to let Seth take that roll in your life!
My dear love bug, I hope that you have a wonderful birthday! I love you!
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)




.jpg)
Sherron, this is a wonderful post. I want to copy the Whole Thing to my journal. Love you and Jane, and all the family!!
ReplyDeleteps - I did!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet post. Geez, I almost got teary reading it! Jane is a little doll, Sherron. I can relate to so many of the things you have said about her with my own daughter (hence the emotions...). Those little girls are so special!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie. My boys think Jane is hilarious. Happy birthday!
ReplyDelete