I survived going camping twice in one week. I was exhausted and nearly didn't go to the Willes camping trip, but I am so glad that I pushed through the tiredness (and the post-migraine fog) and went. It rained a lot while we were there- the sun only peaked out of the clouds for a few hours over the weekend (which made drying things out rather tricky) but it was a nice, relaxing camping trip. The rainy weather forced us all to take it easy and just spend time together.
Once again, Daniel stayed home with Jane and I took the boys. I'm not too positive that Jane will come with us next year, but I'm sure that she will want to come!
I was surrounded by photo ops, so I took a lot of pictures. After working on my Dad's 70th birthday book, I was left wanting to have more pictures of my family. I was struck by a feeling that I never know how much longer we will be granted time together, so I took advantage of the time we had.
I captured people helping each other:
.JPG) |
| Grandpa helping Seth make a bow for his arrows |
.JPG) |
| Marci brushing Klayre's hair |
.JPG) |
| Grandpa helping Paul take down his tent |
.JPG) |
| Uncle Dan fixing Seth's scooter |
People playing together:
.JPG) |
| Mark "breaking" an egg with Randy |
.JPG) |
| Kevin, Tanner, Seth and Cooper exploring the forest |
.JPG) |
| Jessica and Blake playing the hand slap game |
.JPG) |
| Paul and Wendy playing Chinese Checkers |
.JPG) |
| Seth and Klayre |
.JPG) |
| Dan and Klarye |
People hanging out:
.JPG) |
| Klayre, Kaitlyn, Mom, Kim, Jessica (Dan is asleep in the background) |
.JPG) |
| Marci and Denise (baby Hailey is asleep in the background, but I'm not sure if you can really see her) |
.JPG) |
| Mark and Cooper (who are very good at being 12 years old) |
After our camping trip earlier in the week with Shelley, I decided that we needed more room in our tent. We were just too snug in there and the smell of boys was a bit to strong for me. With the weather looking rainy, I thought that it was a good time for us to not be touching the sides of the tent. We bought Mark and Paul their own pup-tents. They were excited to have some space of their own, and I enjoyed the extra space in the big tent, It was almost as though Seth and I went camping by ourselves at night and first thing each morning (because we were the only ones up and about).
.JPG) |
| I taught Seth how to start a fire. We used the fire starters that I made out of dryer lint and wax in a paper egg carton. It worked beautifully! |
.JPG) |
| We were surrounded by beautiful purple flowers. |
After we packed up camp a few of us went to Hidden Falls.
.JPG) |
| Wendy and Randy |
I spent a few minutes talking with my brothers, Dan and Randy. I couldn't help but be grateful that Randy was here with us. Randy was in a rappelling accident 18 months ago. It wasn't just that he is alive, but that he is healthy enough to come hiking with us that made my gratitude bucket overflow. I love you so much Randy!
.JPG) |
| Dan, Randy, Sherron and Seth |
Coming home with wet gear takes a lot of work- we had to find places to set things out to dry out all of our sleeping bags, pillows and tents. I cannot express enough how much I love my instant tent. It took all of the energy I had left to put it up to let it dry, but if it had been my old tent I would have seriously considered waiting until the next day and risking letting it mold. The garage was a mess, because that is were we hung everything. It was a good place, though because it motivated me to get it put away, once it dried, so that I could park the van in the garage again. Our van got a well-deserved deep-cleaning after that muddy trip!
I think that we are done camping this year, but I would still like to go on a day hike and perhaps a sunrise hike. I love spending time in the mountains. We are so lucky to live so close to them!
I love it!! I love taking random pictures of people so I love that you do to! I won't lie I still get teary and grateful when i think about Randy's accident. Pretty much still hate 2011! I so want to hike the water falls again and so you should come down and hike with me!
ReplyDeleteGreat photos Sherron!! It looks like a really fun camping trip. Big Smiles-
ReplyDelete