It is really frustrating when I get behind with blogging. Before I forget what we did this year, here is a rundown of our Thanksgiving Day.
Jane went shopping with me to get a few things. She had a blast with the mini shopping cart at Macey's.
We ate our traditional "Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" lunch. We ate pretzels, toast, jelly beans and the popcorn was inside of the 'turkey'. It is a good little snack that fills us up before eating our big dinner.
We went to my sister's house for dinner. Kim and Blake live just down the street from us, so we didn't have to travel far. I forgot to take my camera, so no pictures.
I spent all day on Wednesday making cranberry sauce (if you haven't eaten home made before, yo are missing out- so much better than the canned kind and it is really easy to make!), sweet potato pies and a lemon merangue pie plus all of the food that I needed special for me (gravy, rolls, stuffing). The pies were a disaster, so I had to make new ones on Thursday. Now I know that I can't use more almond flour than rice flour in the pie crust recipe that I made.
I made all of the special things that I needed and just served up a plate here at home and then reheated it at my sisters house. It was easier than bringing a ton of small containers. It was more work than just eating here at home, but I was glad to get together with the family. It worked out well this time around.
We had a great time at the dinner. Almost everyone from my family was there. My parents announced that they are going on a service mission to Nauvoo, Illinois. They will be temple workers there from April to October of 2013.
I fell victim to a Black Friday sale this year. I bought a new washer and dryer. The set that I had been told was going to be on sale wasn't, so I went for an upgrade. I have really enjoyed the new set. The washer has a clear lid on it, so you can see it spinning around. It makes for good entertainment!



Love it - the washing machine entertainment! Looks like a very nice w/d set - congrats, you made a great choice!
ReplyDelete