Monday, April 29, 2013

Baby Bailey Beretta

Daniel's sister had a baby girl a few weeks ago. I made this snowflake quilt for little Miss Bailey Beretta Woertz.  She is a beautiful baby (she has gorgeous parents!) and I had a fun time working on this quilt. 

It was a bit out of my comfort zone with the quilt not being symmetrical, so I wasn't loving it at first.  But after I had it quilted, bound and washed, I spent an afternoon cuddling with it and I fell in love with it. Sometimes I have a hard time parting with the quilts that I make. When I pulled the quilt out of the dryer, I was tempted to hurry and wrap it up and ship it out to Florida, but I'm glad that I let it live with me for the weekend, because I got to appreciate the quilt!  (I get really nervous when I ship a quilt out.  I am so afraid of it getting lost in the mail.  I can track the package, but even if it got lost, I'd never be able to replace it, so I'm always a bit nervous until I hear that it has made its way to the new home!)

The quilt has a lot of pink in it, but I told Julia that it wasn't diva pink or princess pink, but it was 'self-rescuing princess' pink. 




quilt front
quilt back




1 comment:

  1. Self-rescue Princess. Good point. The quilt is lovely; I'm sure the pink will be totally fine. Thank you from all of us!

    ReplyDelete