Shelley and I planned another camping trip together this year. Things were a bit different this time around as we had 2 more boys with us! Shelley brought her boyfriend's kids with us, so we had seven boys between the two of us!
We selected our campsite at the Spruces in Big Cottonwood Canyon and set up our tents. After getting sunscreen and bug spray on, we went on a hike to Lake Mary. The weather was overcast and pretty cool, so it was nice hiking weather. Once we reached the lake, the wind started to blow pretty hard and it started to sprinkle, so we didn't stay at the lake for very long. We headed back to camp to see what damage the rain had done to my tent because I had left the windows open. Thankfully only a few things got wet and they were able to dry out before bedtime.
 |
| We took STRONG boys hiking with us! |
 |
| The Whole Crew! |
 |
| Shelley and Me (note to self: take sunglasses and hat off for pictures- it is hard to see your face!) |
I made foil dinners with hamburger, carrots and potatoes for my boys and they loved them. It was quite filling and it tasted delicious! The boys have thanked me several times over for the dinner, so I'd say that it was a hit! I precooked the dinners at home so all we had to do was heat them up using charcoal briquettes. It was really easy!
 |
| No camping trip is complete without roasting marshmallows and being silly for the camera! Side note: I used a pop up hamper that folds up really small to put the garbage bag in. You can see it on the right side of this picture. It worked out really good to keep the critters from chewing holes in the bag- and it fits nicely in my kitchen box for storage. |
Tuesday morning we went for a walk around Silver Lake. I am always reminded of my dating days with Daniel when we go there because that is where we had our engagement pictures taken!
 |
| Mark staking out 'shot gun' for the ride to Silver Lake |
After the lake we went back to camp, ate lunch and packed things up. We went on a little adventure to Hidden Falls. That is the best place to end a trip with because it is easy to get to, but has a lot of fun things for they kids to do. I love to sit and watch the waterfall. The boys enjoy jumping from rock to rock across the creek and climbing the rocks!
 |
| Shelley literally had her hands full on this trip! |
.JPG) |
| Paul loves to explore this crevice. Each year he goes up higher and higher! |
All in all it was a great trip and I am excited for next year (but we'll probably need to rename it the Annual Mom and Boys and Jane trip!)
SO much fun! I am so grateful we do this together every year and have it to look forward to. And I am happy to hear Jane might get privileges to go with us next year. :)
ReplyDeleteWe love this post- wonderful photos, great story comments. Hearts to you!!
ReplyDelete