My little family feels different lately. I know that I have been feeling sick, so I'm not as involved as I would like to be, but that doesn't quite explain it. I think that the anticipation of the arrival of this little baby has pushed our family into a different mode.
The boys went back to school today from their three week break. I honestly didn't mind having them at home. For the most part, they played well and rarely fought. They were this way even before they knew about the baby.
Before they went off-track, Daniel and I woke up at 8:10 in a total panic. We couldn't hear the boys and they needed to go to the bus stop in about 10 minutes. We rushed out downstairs to find Mark and Paul playing a game of chess, completely ready for school (okay, they hadn't brushed their teeth or practiced the piano, but that's expecting a bit too much!) They had eaten and cleaned up breakfast, put their backpacks by the front door and were just waiting until it was time to go to school. Seth was even mostly ready for preschool!
I have been sleeping a lot. By a lot, I mean 12-14 hours a day. I can rarely stay awake more than 4 hours at a stretch without feeling really sick. This really interrupts with normal life. I'm hoping that the nausea will pass within the next month or so. I anticipate being tired throughout the pregnancy, as I have been this way with my others. I thought that I had mono before I ever suspected pregnancy when I was pregnant with Paul! I would suspect mono again this time around, too, but I knew that I was pregnant seriously the week that it happened. I had to wait a few weeks to confirm with the home pregnancy test!
I just pulled out all of the Halloween costumes and decorations. I'm not a big Halloween fan. I don't like the scary, gory, creepy part of it all. I don't like the greedy candy part either. Yes, I am a fun-sucker. I love fall. I love the leaves, the chill in the air, pumpkins and big pots of homemade chili. I just don't appreciate the scary part.
I need to pull out my fun recipes so that we can make mummies out of hot dogs and dough, homemade root beer and jack-o-lantern quesadillas. I guess that being a fun mom this year will take a lot more effort.
With the boys back in school, Seth is learning how to play by himself again. He has asked several times today where the boys are and how many hours until they get back home. I let him watch a lot of movies when the boys are at school. (I can nap while he watches movies!)
This past weekend I had to cancel attending a Girls Night Out with my sisters and mom. They stayed in a condo in Park City and played. I was really looking forward to it, but I new that the trip there would do me in. I feel as though I have been on a plane ride for the past few weeks. (Just so you know, I don't travel well. I have used my fair share of doggy bags on airplanes).
This post has rambled quite a bit. Sorry- my attention span is quite strange lately. The over all gist that I wanted to portray, is that even though I feel lousy, I feel very blessed. My family is wonderful. I love the feeling of unity that we have experienced lately.
Don't forget that you recently took on a new job--growing a human being. It's very important job! Hang in there, I hope you feel better soon.
ReplyDeleteI hope you feel better soon too. That's awful to be so sick!
ReplyDeleteWe thought of you and how you wouldn't have done well on the ride to Park City, or all the shopping we did-the smelly stores. Missed you and Kim a lot. In a few weeks I hope you'll feel a lot better! -Denise
ReplyDelete