Monday, October 5, 2009

Underestimating

This week I have realized how much Seth is growing up. I have completely underestimated his abilities.

He had a homework project that he needed to cut into four pieces. I cut around the boarder for him and left the other parts for him. He did an amazing job with the cutting. I didn't need to do what I did, he could have done it. When did he learn to use scissors so well?

My friend took me out for lunch last Monday. We had our kids with us and they were busy filling out the kid's menu fun packet while we waited for our food. Seth was doing a connect-the-dot project. I thought that he'd be able to do up to the number 10, but would need help with the rest as it went up to 30. I looked over to see if he needed help and he was finished. I was completely surprised. I know that he can count to 100, but I didn't think that he could 'read' to 30!

This morning the boys were working on a coloring page from the local grocery store. I took a look at their work as they were finishing up. When I saw Seth's, I got upset with the boys and told them that they weren't supposed to color Seth's page fore him. Seth looked at me and exclaimed that he did it all by himself. He did a really good job, staying in the lines and even made an apple two toned. I completely underestimated him again!

I decided that it is best that I be amazed with his progress rather than have expectations that are too high to meet.

On a side note, should I be concerned that Seth's imaginary friends have imaginary friends? Hawker has an imaginary friend named Cookie.

And for the record, Seth's nickname is no longer Tdot. It is Chuck. He thinks that it is hilarious that Peppermint Patty calls Charlie Brown "Chuck". He says that it is a cool nickname!

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie! Don't you love it when your kids do something to catch you off guard that you just love? (It's usually the other way around at our house...) Your baby's getting big Sherron! Does that make you sad or glad???

    ReplyDelete