Today is Daniel's birthday. He is 38 years old. When Seth heard how old Daniel was, he got really excited and said, "You are almost to the 40's!"
We have had a running joke about the Emperor's New Clothes, so Seth and I put together a gift for Daniel based on our joke. We made a logo that said "The Emperor's New World of Warcraft Tee Shirt" and attached it to a box. We made a logo for some socks and some underwear. The boxes were empty (but filled with the Emperor's new clothes) when we wrapped them.
Seth was really anxious for Daniel to open the presents. I was laughing so hard about these gifts before they were opened that I was crying. Perhaps I should get more sleep! Daniel was a really good sport and pretended to hold up the invisible clothes and admire them. The boys got a kick out of the whole thing. Daniel told Seth that it was a good thing that he opened his presents in the morning so that he could wear his new clothes to the bus stop. Seth panicked for a second and told Daniel that he wasn't allowed to leave the house wearing his new clothes.
We were planning on having dinner at home, but I forgot to get a few things, so we went out for dinner to Cafe Rio. When Daniel was getting ready, he got dressed in everything but his shirt and came out saying that he was ready to go. The boys laughed and told him that he couldn't wear his new shirt to the restaurant.
We had a cheesecake after dinner. I bought one for the boys and I made a dairy-free, gluten-free one. It turned out pretty good, but it will probably taste better when it is colder, so hopefully tomorrow I will enjoy another piece.
Daniel's mom sent him some books for his birthday. They arrived before Christmas and we didn't know it was a birthday present, so he opened it. I have read one of them and I am working on the other.
We had a quiet day here at home. Jane took a longer nap than usual and the boys were in school, so Daniel and I had a chance to sit and talk about a lot of things. We have such wonderful conversations. It was fun to have the morning to ourselves.
Happy Birthday Daniel!
Ha ha ha!! Good fun for the Birthday -- Love to all -- Happy Birthday Emperor Dan!
ReplyDeleteAlmost 40!!! That IS old. :) This post made me laugh so thanks for the chuckle.
ReplyDeleteAnd not one pic of his new outfit! J/K
ReplyDeleteFun b-day gift. You sure have a great imagination.
Sorry I missed wishing Daniel a happy Birthday.
ReplyDelete