Today the kids, Madeleine and I went to Sweet's candy factory for a tour. I was really excited to go as I love to see how things are made (I loved Mr. Rogers when his 'picture picture' frame took us on tours of various factories)
Jane did amazingly well keeping her hair net on the entire time (she did manage to take mine off at the beginning of the tour though!). We all had a great time seeing a working factory and tasting some of the candies.
At the end of the tour we went through the little candy shop. The boys each had $1.50 to spend, so they went for the clearance candies. I spent my money on a fresh bag of cinnamon bears. Ohhh, they are so good! (Did you know that I couldn't find cinnamon bears in Georgia or in Ohio? My sister and mom sent me a package. Seriously, these people are deprived with out cinnamon bears.)
Paul was delighted to know that the candy factory employs a chemist (wonderful question, Madeleine). He is interested in becoming a chemist or a geologist, so it was fun to see how the degree can be used!
I am so glad that we went on this factory tour! It was fun and informative. I loved that it was just our little group so that we could hear the tour guide easily. We had fun seeing the big tubes of chocolate and big bags of sugar. I love that my boys were really well behaved and asked questions. (Paul discovered that salt water taffy doesn't really use salt water). It was a fun way to spend a morning! Now if I can keep us from eating candy long enough to eat some lunch, that would be great!
 |
| Mark, Seth and Paul looking awesome wearing their hair nets |
 |
| We liked the rug with all of the candy printed on it |
 |
| Paul, Sherron, Jane, Seth and Mark in front of the candy store |
 |
| Paul, Sherron, Jane, Madeleine and Seth |
 |
| What Jane did all the way home! |
What a great activity!! Fun, informative, and sweet too. Cheers to all of you.
ReplyDeleteMmmm...and free samples are good too! :)
ReplyDeleteI love the Sweet's Candy Factory. My favorite is the fresh salt water taffy. Perfect tour for kids!! Didn't you just love the smell of the chocolate room?
ReplyDelete