Sunday, April 3, 2011

Happenings at My House


We had a St. Patrick's Day party and invited Madeleine over for lunch.  We had a fun little sandwich (similar to these), played a game and played around with our food!  Madeleine stuck the marshmallows onto her glasses for this fine effect!


 

This quilt is for my nephew (due any day now!)  David and Marcy are having a boy and I got this done just in time for the shower.  My camera has been overexposing the pictures, so the colors look weird.  I figured out how to fix that problem, so hopefully I won't have further issues with this!




I started to make a pillow cover, but I did the math wrong and I have a huge Yoda (it is 26x26) .  I need to figure out what to do with him and get this project finished.  It will probably be a quilt. 

This is my March quilt.  It was done and hanging up BEFORE March 1st!  Whoo hoo!  I have nothing for April.  Madeleine, did you read that?  We need to get working on the quilt for May!  It is too late for April!

For what ever reason, I cannot get this picture to post landscape.  Argh!  Mark was feeding Jane and they looked so cozy together on the couch!

I helped out with a 'non-game activity' for my cousin's baby shower.  We made felt flowers and put them on hair barrettes.  It was fun and we had a good supply to give to the baby! 
Jane loves her sunglasses!

Paul took Jane out on the trampoline for her very first time.  She loved to bounce around and play with Paul.


The weather was beautiful and we enjoyed playing out side
Jane loves to be outside!
Seth and Trevan blowing bubbles.  They were pretending to make snow!  Just two days later they didn't need to pretend though!

We woke up to this beautiful sight Sunday morning.  I told the boys that it would snow because I had just put the winter gear (snow boots, coats, etc) away.  I really didn't intend for my prediction to come true!

I have had to rearrange some of our cupboards to make them safer for Jane to explore.  Today was the first day that she climbed into the cupboard!  She is getting so big!  She has been eating non-stop lately.  Once she got over her cold, she hit a growth spurt and it seems as though she is always hungry.  Her top front right tooth popped through the other day.
We had a fun April Fools day.  I switched the cereal around so that the Cheerios were in the Chex box and the Chex were in the Kix box.  It is fun to see the kids faces when they pour the cereal into the bowl.  Paul has been eating waffles for breakfast, so I knew that the cereal trick wouldn't work on him.  I put frozen hot dog buns in the waffle box (I didn't have hamburger buns) and he got a good laugh out of it.  I rearranged a few things in the kitchen as well.  I exchanged places with the toaster and rice cooker and I switched our silverware drawer with the drawer next to it.  I even fell for my own joke because I wasn't paying attention and out of habit opened the wrong drawer!

I put a sticky note on the bottom of Daniel's computer mouse so that it wouldn't work.  (All he has to do is remove the sticky note!)

For dinner I put green jello in cups and set out a pitcher of green punch.  Mark went to get a drink and he was really confused for a second when the punch didn't come out.  I also made some 'invisible' punch (Kool-aid makes a few flavors that don't have coloring in them) and put it in the water jug.

That was the extent of my little tricks.  I do the cereal one and the mouse one every year.  I like fun little tricks that aren't mean or embarrassing. 

Before the big snowstorm, I had been working in the yard.  We are removing the big bushes that are right in front of the house.  They are overgrown and planted too close to the house for my liking.  We wanted to remove them when we first moved in, so we didn't do much to tame them and now they are monsters.  I have 6 of the 9 stripped down to the main stems.  It hasn't been as difficult as I thought it would be.  Digging the base out will be more work, but Daniel has one done already.  This snowstorm has kind of thrown off my schedule though.  Hopefully I will be able to get working on the 'murdering' (as Mark calls it) of the shrubs by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment