This week I had to share some sad news with my boys. My sister-in-law's (Jenny) husband, Josh, died on Thursday morning due to a severe asthma attack. I have never been particularly close to Josh, in fact we have had some rather negative interactions with him over the past 10 years. Regardless of how our relationship was, it is still very sad that someone so young died. Regardless of how well I knew him, or liked him, his wife is now a widow at age 30 and his nearly 10 year old daughter is without a dad.
I knew that the boys needed tobe told that their Uncle Josh was dead, but I just didn't know how to say it. They have never really known anyone who has died and I was not sure how they would handle the news. I sat them down and told them that I had something serious to talk about. It wasn't until I had their attention that I got really emotional and cried. They were very sweet and had a few questions. They took then news well. They were really concerned about their cousin Talia.
The thing that I was struggling with is that I wasn't sad about the loss of my relationship with Josh, because it was rather non-existent (the last time I saw him was about 2 years ago). I didn't know him well at all, but I know that Jenny and Talia knew him very well and that his absence is felt very strongly by them. My heart aches for Jenny. She is so young. She has a lot to deal with and I don't envy her position right now.
My heart feels empty, yet full of grief and I'm not sure what to make of it.
Jenny and Talia, I hope that you are able to find peace through this trying time. And Josh, may you rest in peace.
oh sweetie my heart breaks for your family. You have been such as support for me these last few weeks. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you guys. LOVE YOU! BTW sometime death can cause you to be be confused. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry! That is horrible news. I can't imagine how hard it would be to lose your spouse.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry to hear this news. What a scary thing to have happen. I feel for Jenny and their child. Really rough, and they are probably not prepared at all. Call me if you need to talk.
ReplyDeleteOh man. Your poor family has had a lot to deal with this year! So sad. Sorry for your loss and for your sister and niece. :-(
ReplyDeleteDear Sherron, your comments are just right. We love you. Take care -- Hugs from all of us.
ReplyDelete