Thursday, March 1, 2012

Mr. Brown Can Moo

Today the 6th grade performed "Seussical the Musical".  Mark was chosen to be Mr. Brown from "Mr. Brown Can Moo" and he did a great job!  He loved being up on stage and had a lot of fun (but he openly admits that he didn't have fun during all of the practices and that he is glad that it is over!) 

I went to all three performances and I enjoyed watching all of the kids do their parts.  
Mr. Brown giving me a silly smile.  (When he smiled like that a group a girls squealed with delight! Mark thinks that it is weird that they got so excited with his silly smile, I told him that the girls like him, and he sighed, said "I know" and rolled his eyes- I'm sure that reaction will change pretty soon!)

Ms. Harvey (5th grade teacher) Mark, and Ms. Rasmussen (6th grade teacher)

Mr. Brown and a Sneech with a star on thars (Aaron)

I am so glad that I went to the daytime performances because this was my view of the stage in the evening.
There are several kids who aren't in Mark's class this year, but have been in previous years classes who I barely recognized because they are so tall! Mark has hit a growth spurt and is pretty close to being as tall as I am.
I cut my hair short and I only regret doing it because my neck is exposed and I have been super cold all day!
I had to take Mark down because he was trying to tip-toe when we took the last picture! 

Madeleine came to the afternoon performance and brought us some "Happy Leap Day" cupcakes!  The boys decided that the raisins were actually flies with their wings pulled off. Boys! 

 At the evening performance, I saw Paul's kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Lovell (he went to kindergarten at a different school). She lives a few blocks away from us now and has a 6th grade daughter. We talked for a while and finally exchanged first names! She always called me Mrs. Paul! Througout the evening I had several kids say "Hi Mark's mom!" or "There is Seth's mom" or "Hi Paul's mom!". I love those titles! I am so glad to be a mom, especially to these great boys. I can't think of a better title!

1 comment:

  1. This is really fun -- Congrats to Mark and we are glad you all enjoyed! Did Mark do a really big Moooo?

    ReplyDelete