Saturday, April 14, 2012

A Fun Day

Last Saturday we hosted my Dad's birthday party here, so Sunday was going to be a relaxing day with a much anticipated Tai Barbecue for lunch.  Daniel's brother Ben and his family came over to visit, so we included them in our barbecue.  Mieren and Alys put together an Easter egg hunt for everyone and we had a wonderful afternoon together.  The weather was beautiful and the barbecue was delicious.  Unfortunately, I sunburned my neck in the hour that I was out cooking the meat, but that was the only downside to the entire day! 

Ben and Jessica brought the fixings for strawberry shortcakes, so between the barbecue and the dessert, we were sufficiently full for the day! (Jessica used an egg slicer to slice the strawberries- it was genius!) 

Jane loves to read and she ever so sweetly asked Ben to read some books to her.  She loved the attention and I loved watching the two of them together! 

After all of the stress and anticipation of the birthday party, it was nice to have an impromptu gathering that went well and was a lot of fun! 


1 comment: