Monday, June 18, 2012

I'm Going to the Zoo

Last week Seth's class went to the Hogle Zoo for a field trip.  We had a lot of parents come, so I only had one other kid with me.  Since I only had two kids to watch and since Daniel had been up all night long with an avoidable work emergency (avoidable on their part, not his), I took Jane with me. 

Thankfully I paired up with Shelley and her two boys because I needed all of the help I could get to take care of Jane.  She was a total handful.  When she was tired and ready for a nap, I was embarrassed at how loud and crazy she was.  One lady was giving us the evil eye, so I said to her that she'd never guess that my baby was two and needed a nap! 



Jane did not want to hold still for a picture.  She wanted to go and see the "dog".  Carson thought that it was hilarious that she called the gorilla a dog! 



Finally!  She fell asleep!

The new exhibits are wonderful, but the price of the zoo admission is prohibitive to me ($9 for kids and $12.75 for adults).  I will wait for a free day and take the older boys to see the polar bear. 

While we were there we noticed a rainbow.  It stretched straight across the sky and I could see the delineation of each color.  It was amazing!  The rainbow lasted for at least one hour. 

I was glad that Seth wanted Jane to come with him to the zoo.  He sure loves his little sister!  He even loves using her stroller when Jane wasn't in it! 



2 comments:

  1. I'm glad we were able to hang out at the zoo! Jane was just fine, she was so much fun to watch and the boys loved having her around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your reply to the evil eye. !!!
    Sounds like a really fun day. Glad you all could do it and have a great memory!

    ReplyDelete