![]() |
| Here we are! The Taylor Family 2013 |
![]() |
| Daniel and yours truly. |
![]() |
| Daniel |
![]() |
| Sherron |
![]() |
| Mark |
![]() |
| Paul |
![]() |
| Seth |
![]() |
| Jane |
![]() |
| The kids |
Yesterday we had our family pictures taken. We went to a local studio called FotoFly. Mark was beyond thrilled at the idea of this activity! He was visibly bored during our 5 minute wait in the lobby! I told everyone that if they cooperated that I would give them a ride home. Luckily, everyone earned their ride home! Jane is still young enough that she struggled with being held in one place for too long, but she did a lot better than last year, so we'll take the improvement! I had a really hard time picking my favorite picture of Jane!
Our photographer, Kate, gave Jane a little stuffed Mickey Mouse to play with to keep her occupied. After Jane had her individual pictures taken, she took Mickey and put him on a little chair. She then backed away from the chair and put her hands up to her face as though she had a camera in her hands. She told Mickey to smile, and then told him to say chicken and then she laughed and put her hands on her hips and said "hey, you called me chicken, I not a chicken". I had to stop Kate while she was working with Paul to have her watch Jane imitate her! She would adjust something on Mickey, step back and click her camera. It was super adorable!
Jane has been extra active the past few weeks. She has been far more adventurous than normal, which has taken me by surprise and caused a few problems.
- The keyboard on my laptop isn't looking too good now, because she has broken off several keys. Friday she removed 'A' - 'J'. I was able to get all of them back on, but the 'S' was already broken from a few months ago. Saturday she removed nearly the entire bottom row and several of the keys will not go back on.
- The day before our pictures, Jane found Daniel's markers and drew all over her body, thankfully it wasn't on her face. That prompted me to put all of our scissors up really high so that she wouldn't cut her hair right before the pictures!
- Last week Jane played with the treadmill. She wound up getting her little hand stuck under the rotating mat and it burned the top layer of skin off of the top of her left hand, knuckles to wrist. We have it wrapped up to keep it clean and to help it heal. If you look at the family picture, you'll see the wrapping. Thankfully it is healing nicely, but it is so sad to see the big sore on her hand.
- Last night we had to call Poison Control because Jane drank the liquids that were in the bottom of the container of Clorox Disinfectant Wipes. I don't think that she drank much, but I didn't want to send her to bed if it could be destroying her gut. There is alcohol in it, but you'd have to drink a lot to get drunk. Luckily, she didn't have any issues with her drink of choice. Phew. Now I need to put the wipes up where she can't reach them. Oh bother.
I am completely amazed at how much Mark and Jane have changed since last year.
Here is Mark
Last year to this year
I had him put the shirt on that he wore last year and we had a good laugh at how small it fit him!
Jane is getting so big, too! Her hair is so much longer and curlier (which I love!) She isn't a baby anymore, that is certain!


















Great photo post! I love your comments and the last year / this year comparisons. Happy 2013!!
ReplyDeleteKeyboard... check
ReplyDeleteMarkers... check
Treadmill... check
Poison control... check
It's like reading a blog of my own life!
A few things I have learned:
1-You can replace your own laptop keyboard. Emily spilled milk on mine. After drying it out we ordered a new keyboard on amazon and replaced the old one. It was easier than I expected.
2-Joshua scraped his back on our treadmill and the doctor who lives next door gave us an ointment that has silver in it. Was like magic.
3-"Pure Citrus" air freshener is not toxic even if a child sprays it in his eyes.
4-Can't help with the marker, but it will eventually wear off.
By the way, adorable family pictures!
They turned out so cute! My sister just had her families pictures done at Fotofly and loved it. I'm so getting our next photos taken there!!!
ReplyDelete