Friday, August 9, 2013

Before I Turn 40

Last year when I was 35, turning 36-but thought that I was 36 turning 37, I wrote a list of things that I wanted to accomplish before I turned 40.  It was my bucket list for my 30's.  With my actual 37th birthday quickly approaching, I thought that I should revisit my list and get busy checking things off.

Here is my list:
  • Go on a sunrise hike
  • Walk on a real beach 
  • Complete the Free-Motion Quilting Project
  • Quilt the Orion quilt (I made the top when Mark was a baby)
  • Host a music recital
  • Teach someone how to quilt
  • Take guitar lessons
  •  Run a 5k
  • Digitize my parent's pictures
  • Digitize my parent's VHS tapes
  • Edit and label parent's pictures and videos
  • Make scrapbooks for the kids
  • Do some woodworking/make a piece of furniture

I have the 5k and the music recital in the works. Some things I feel will be easier to wait until Jane is in school (like the guitar lessons)- but maybe it is just a convenient excuse? 

I'm not dreading turning 40, but I might dread it coming so quickly if I don't get working on my goals! 

2 comments:

  1. Goals are great!! I'm glad you are able to cross off some of them. If they don't all get x-d out, they can go to the "45" list. :-)

    you go Sherron!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always good to set goals, as long as you don't kill yourself striving to achieve them! Hey...if you run out of a person to teach how to quilt, I'm totally there for you!!! :) Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete