Saturday, September 7, 2013

A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That

 
My friend Shelley did the face painting at the neighborhood party.  Jane wanted to be a kitty- she loved it!
 
 

Mark likes Dr. Who, so I made his bedroom door into a TARDIS door.  Not done, but done enough to hang. 

We went to the Thanksgiving Point Gardens with Shelley and her two boys.  Jane was on day 3 of no naps and was not the most pleasant little girl to have along with us.  I told Seth to give me a grumpy face to match Jane's, but he was really in a good mood!

Parker, Jane, Seth, Carson

Seth, Me and Jane


Mark earned his blue-red belt this month.  He is over half way to earning his black belt! He has had a few times where he didn't want to go to practice, but after we make him go, he comes out of class with a great attitude.  They work the students hard in the class, but he loves it! 

Jane was quiet when she had a sucker in her mouth.  When she wasn't eating her sucker, she was either cheering Mark on and yelling "You did it!" or dancing in front of the mirror. 

Mark said that he had to "beat the crap out of little kids to get this belt". 

Seth had fun at scouts.  They made rockets out of plastic bottles and then they shot them off at the park. He also received his Wolf award.   

When Daniel had his golf tournament, I got to watch my nephew Crew.  He is a year younger than Jane, but they are just about the same size.  He is a good little kid- very, very smart, too (he can count to 10, name all of his colors and recite the alphabet at age 28 months)

 

This is the quilt that I have been working on here and there for the past two years.  I finally have it ready to start quilting. 

quilt back

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad we got to hang out a few times while being off-track! I think everyone needs a Jane around. She makes me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Just wow. Great photos, you guys rock! We are so glad Mark likes Tae Kwan Do. It really helped Chris Taylor also when he was Mark's age. Love all the photos and all the comments. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Just wow. Great photos, you guys rock! We are so glad Mark likes Tae Kwan Do. It really helped Chris Taylor also when he was Mark's age. Love all the photos and all the comments. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete