Monday, March 30, 2015

A Nature Walk

The other night the weather was beautiful.  There was a touch of chill in the warm spring air. We had finished cleaning up dinner and the outdoors were beckoning me.  I felt driven to play outside.  I gathered those who were willing to join me (Jane and Seth) and we went for a walk along the Jordan River.   

The first stop was at the bridge.  And then played on the playground for a few minutes.


Then it was time for some silly selfies.  




There was a pleasant calm in the air. We only passed a few people the entire night, so it felt like we had the world to ourselves.  We strolled around just playing and observing. Our old house in Draper is behind us in this photo about a mile away.  Seth was too young to remember living there.  But I felt that somehow I was visiting a former part of my life blended in with my current life.   a

Seth and me- pretty son he'll be taller than me!


Jane and me


Seth and Jane


I love this picture of Seth and Jane.  They are good together- such a beautiful thing to watch!  I love how Jane lifted up her foot when she posed for the picture.  I sure love these two wonderful people!

We walked as we watched the sun go down.  As the tips of the mountains were being covered by the night shadow, we walked back to the van and watched the sun sink behind the mountain on our drive home.  We stayed out much later than I had planned.  Bedtime was delayed that night, but it was a magical night- one where we allowed nature to lead us where we needed to be and we were able to just be present in the moment.  




2 comments:

  1. Ahhh. sigh. Very pleasing post... funny photos but with your comments makes an enticing vision. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A better choice of words that more says what I meant:
      ... funny photos your comments...

      Delete