Wednesday, September 30, 2015

First Day of School 2015

This year all four kids are in school. It is kind of weird.  Years ago I knew that this day would come, but I wasn't prepared for the change.  I actually cried when I dropped Jane off for her first day (I cried on the way home).  I didn't ever cry with my other kids.  Things are changing around here! Jane is in afternoon kindergarten so there is only about 2 hours from her start time to when Mark gets home.  I thought that with the kids in school that I'd have more time to work on things, but I just feel busier. Between driving Jane to school, driving Mark to and from work (assistant at the Taekwondo studio) and piano lessons, driving Paul home from work (custodial at the middle school) and taking Seth to Taekwondo, I've been putting in a lot of time in the van.  I'm so grateful that Seth and Jane got the buss lottery this year! 
Perhaps next year when they are all in school for the entire day it will be a bit different?  I've enjoyed having Jane home in the mornings with me so I'm not in a rush to send her out all day!  

Mark 10th grade

Paul 9th grade

Seth 5th grade

Jane Kindergarten

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha- happy laughter- Yay for your family, and all you do together. I know what you mean about time... but your busy-ness is definitely in good places. Love and hugs and smiles!

    ReplyDelete