Sunday, March 1, 2009

Girls

This weekend Mark and Paul have surprised me with a few comments.  The first was Paul.  He came up to me and said, "I don't know why I have a crush on this girl, but I do."  I asked if it was because she was nice.  He smiled, and said yes.  Her name is Anika, she is in his class at school.  He said that they sit by each other at lunch and they play together at recess.  It kind of took me back that he would admit to liking a girl. 

The second surprising comment was from Mark.  We were eating dinner and Seth said something was hot and Paul said that he didn't think that it was spicy.  I said that there are two different meanings for the word 'hot'.  Mark informed us that there are actually three.  First is the temperature, second is the spicy and third is the 'girly word'.  It took me a second to figure out that the 'girly word' is when you refer to a girl as looking hot.  Oh my, we will be entering uncharted territory sooner than I thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment