- On our way to taking the boys to Ben's house, we stopped off at the grocery store to pick up some cinnamon rolls for Mark's birthday cake (his request). I told them that they could pick out a toy. Mark picked a travel chess set, Paul picked a stuffed frog and Seth picked a stuffed penguin that he named Shadow.
- Ben home schools his daughters, so while the boys were there, they worked at some learning centers. They had a paper to fill out that asked what their goal was, what they did and what they accomplished. Paul's paper was really cute. His evaluations were so honest. His first station was exercise. His goal was to do a front handspring on the trampoline. He wrote "I tried, but I didn't get even one." His second station was art. He did a tracing project and said "I didn't think it was good until I colored it". I just love his honesty and his efforts.
- After the comment from the lady in the elevator at the hospital about how good I looked, I thought that I would weigh myself. Can you imagine my shock when the scale said that I had only lost 7 pounds? I just gave birth to an 8 1/2 pound baby, the placenta weighs a few pounds, and I only lost 7? My body was still really swollen, my shoes were quite tight. So I had to be patient with myself. I decided that I need to wait at least one week before stepping on the scale again. I still can't believe that I was silly enough to weigh myself two days after having a baby.
- Last week Daniel had some issues come up with work that really upset him. These issues could have been worked out last month or waited another few weeks, but they decided to bring them up the day we came home from the hospital. I didn't realized how angry he was about it (he didn't want to involve me with it because I had other issues to deal with) until I came into his office to see him looking online for other job opportunities. Hello stress! I got really worried about Daniel's stress level and about our future. It really sucked. Things got smoothed out and resolved and Daniel is staying, but it was such lousy timing.
- Daniel worked a lot of long hours the week before Jane was born so that he could take some time off while we were at the hospital. He was really tired and started getting sick. He wound up sleep a lot the first few days that we were home. He couldn't have done much to help me with Jane anyhow, since she was getting up every hour or two to eat. He still made dinner and took care of me and the house, but he wasn't feeling well. The problem was that I started to feel really distant from Daniel. Whenever he gets sick I feel this way because he stays to himself. I really needed him to be closer to me. I felt alone and didn't know what to do. He started to feel better and was back to his normal self, but then my milk came in and I was so sore that I couldn't hug him the way that I needed to to feel comforted. I have finally gotten my perfect hug and I feel a lot better. It was just a really rough week for us. Usually I feel closer to him when we bring home a baby, so it was a difficult adjustment.
- I knew that I was tired and that my body wasn't handling it well on Thursday when my vision started going crazy. I was looking at a paper and I realized that I couldn't read it because I was seeing double. I would see double when I looked at Jane while feeding her. I stood up to help Mark with something and my vision was really blurry. I checked to see if somehow I had taken my glasses off, but I was wearing them. I had to blink really hard a few times to see clearly again. Little wonder I had my melt down that evening, huh?!
- Paul made the punch for dinner last week. I have Gatorade powder that I really like, so he decided to make lemon lime Gatorade. When we sat down to dinner, I took a sip of the punch and it was all I could do to not spit it out. It was soooooo sweet. I asked him how he made it and he said that he used 3 scoops of the powder (it only needed 2) and 4 scoops of the sugar (it doesn't need added sugar). So we had a gallon of lemon lime syrup. He put 4 cups of sugar in a gallon of punch! I tried watering the punch down, but it was just too sweet for my tastes. The boys didn't seem to mind at all though!
- During dinner I started telling Mark and Paul stories about them when they were little. Seth wanted to know some funny things that happened when he was little, so I told him a few cute things that he did. It was a fun conversation to have as a family. We laughed a lot!
- The boys have been really cute with me and Jane. Mark has been really cuddly and giving more hugs than normal. He has been really interested in how Jane eats and how her body is developing. We looked up information on what her vision is like, and why she gets the hiccups. It was fun to discover this information with him. When I was breastfeeding, he would sit next to me and wasn't bothered by anything, but when I said that I needed to change Jane's diaper, he got grossed out and left the room! He has also been fascinated by my changing body. He is amazed that my stomach has shrunk and that I have lost weight so quickly.
- Paul has held Jane several times and helped feed her a bottle the other day. He has been involved, but for the most part he kind of stays back a bit. He doesn't touch her a lot or clamor to be around her. He just seems content to admire her from a distance.
- Seth has been amazed at how tiny everything is on Jane. He noticed her tiny ears, hands, fingernails, nose, mouth, etc. He commented that every day she gets more hair. He has been a super cute kid with Jane. When she cries (which isn't very often) he will run over to her and try to sooth her.
- Seth seems like a giant to me now. He didn't seem that big last week, but now with a little baby in my arms, I can't get over how big Seth is. Seemingly overnight, he became bigger and older. I remember that happening with Mark when Paul was born.
- I have saved the best for last. Here is a conversation that Daniel and Seth had last night:
Daniel: Oh? Why is that?
Seth: Because Baby Jane doesn't have a lot of hair, but the bigger people, we have a lot of hair so we have to keep moving around so the lice bugs don't get in our hair. But Jane, she doesn't have to move because they won't go on her head because she doesn't have enough hair.
How he comes up with these things I'll never know. What a funny kid!
What a week to remember!
Ok its official your boys are the sweetest boys I know! You are a wonderful example to them! I am sure the 4 cups of sugar was great! I remember doing that when I was little! Love you lots!
ReplyDelete