My body is sore. My muscles ache. Every time I move, I feel like my muscles are squeaking, calling out like the Tin Man for his trusty oil can. If you haven't guessed by now, I joined the gym and I started exercising again. My sister-in-law, Wendy, got me a great deal at Gold's Gym. I have been feeling really down about my body lately, and I needed to start working out. I had purchased a new DVD (Jillian's 30 Day Shred) but it was collecting dust, still in the wrapper. I had no motivation to crank it out and I was struggling to find a time to work out without interruptions. When Wendy called with the awesome deal (under $10 a month) I took it.
I went to a Pilates class on Wednesday night. It was good, but my muscles were shaking toward the end of the hour. My stomach muscles were not loving me, but it felt good. Wendy and I stood in the parking lot and talked to each other for 2 1/2 hours after the workout. I didn't get home until midnight, but I had a great night. Daniel called me while I was on the way home to see where I was. He was a bit worried about me because I was out so late. (The class started at 8pm, so I told him I would be home around 9:30!)
Friday morning I went to a water aerobics class. I really like water aerobics. It really is too bad that I didn't have the gym membership while I was pregnant. I had a gym membership a few years back and I went to this class 3 times a week. I really like the instructor. I am typically the youngest person in the class, but the ladies (and sometimes a few men) are really nice and I enjoy their company.
I am really excited to get back into shape and lose some weight. It is discouraging to have only one pair of pants that fit (and they have a huge hole in the knee). The sad thing is that I don't even fit into some of my maternity pants that I wore until I was 7 months pregnant. I gained a lot of weight in my thighs during the last trimester and I didn't realize it until afterward. I know that I just had a baby, but that doesn't change the fact that I really don't have any pants that fit. I felt better about the way I looked two weeks after Jane was born than I do now. I can't explain it. Perhaps I was more patient with myself last month than I am right now. Really, how long can the "I just had a baby" excuse be used?
Daniel has been very supportive by encouraging me to go to the gym and by holding down the fort during the evening routine so that I can go. I know that regular exercise helps my mental status a lot. Right now I need as much help as I can get in that department. It really is unfortunate that I can come up with so many excuses to not work out. With time my body won't be so sore, (I really am taking it easy getting into the groove of things) and I will have more energy. It always seems so strange that I don't want to go because I am so tired, but I feel so energized when I am done. Daniel is such a wonderful husband.
Right now our house is rather quiet. Daniel took the boys to Grand Junction, Colorado to visit with his brother Sam and his family and to help them move into a new place. I was planning on going, but I started panicking about traveling with a baby. Just thinking about all of the stuff that we'd need to pack for Jane, and figuring out what food to bring for me was too much. I stayed home with Jane and made it a girl's only weekend. I have started cleaning out the garage (something I really needed to do a year ago!) and have made good progress. It has been too hot to work on it during the day, so I've done a bit here and there in the morning and evening while Jane sleeps. Daniel most likely won't be able to park in the garage when he gets home, but it will be done in a few days and it will be wonderful to have a clean garage! It has been such a mess that when I pull into the garage, I feel sad and discouraged (and a bit disgusted with myself that it has gotten to such a state). That is NOT the way I want to feel when I come home, so I am going to make it feel organized and welcoming.
How fun I love working out and funny enough I have that same dvd still in the package! HAHA! I have one word for you ZUMBA!! Holy cow I couldn't move for 2 days after I took it the first time and I am finally catching on and my mom does it with me (I am sure we entertain our whole class being uncoridanted!) but she does it and can moderate it so she doesn't hurt her back muscles!
ReplyDelete