It is what is left of his "How-many-days-until-my-birthday-countdown-chain". He was so anxious for his birthday that I decided to help him visualize how when it would be. I cut the paper and he wrote the numbers on the strips. All 57 of them! We strung them on the wall with a very fancy tool. (Painter tape is one of my favorite things lately!) It started at the ceiling and hung down across his bed.
The night before his birthday he came up to me and asked, "Mom, tomorrow, on my birthday, will you be nice to me?" What? I thought that I was being pretty nice already. I doubled my being nice efforts on his birthday just to keep my word!
The first 'nice' thing that I did for him was this:
His morning chore was to turn 6!
He thought that it was great! One of the easiest chores he has ever done! (I will post later about the chore chart that we use)
After school he had a little birthday party with a few friends. They ate lunch, played a few games and had a silly string fight outside. Seth really wanted to have a water fight and was quite disappointed when I told him that it was too cold. We decided that we could buy everyone a can of silly string and have a fun war with that. It was a hit! Everyone came up to me and wanted a refill for their can! Daniel and I got in on the action, too!
| Nathan, Jace, James, Cody, Seth |
| Seth calls this game "Pin the Donkey on the Tail" |
| The boys had a lot of fun playing with Jane! |
| Nathan and Seth |
| Seth got a video game called Ty 3. Look at his face- he was so excited (but not all that surprised) to get it! |
We had a family party in the evening. We told him that we could go anywhere he wanted to go for dinner. He said that he wanted to eat dinner downstairs. He wanted to eat macaroni and cheese, popcorn chicken and chocolate milk while watching a show called Kipper. Mark and Paul talked him out of Kipper and we watched Speed Racer instead. Daniel wanted to go out to eat and wasn't too thrilled about mac and cheese, so he asked Seth why he wanted that. He answered, "Because I like it". I guess that I'd rather make it at home than pay $5 for the same thing at a restaurant.
He requested ice cream sandwiches for his cake and ice cream for the friend party and for the family party he wanted brownies and ice cream. He was pretty easy to please! We used the trick candles on his cake and he was so surprised to see the candles relight! It was a lot of fun to watch!
When I held Seth for the first time, I said ,"Hello there little tiger". I don't know why I said that, but I did. The name Tiger has stuck and I still call him that sometimes. Seth loves stuffed animals and when I found this adorable tiger, I had to get it for him. He has been carrying it around everywhere. He can't decide if he wants to name it Tiger or Hobbes.
Happy 6th birthday, little Tiger!
Oh! So sweet! What a cutie boy you have. Happy birthday!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun-filled day! He's such a cutie, Happy Birthday Seth!!!
ReplyDeleteTell Seth Happy Birthday from his Aunt Wendy:)
ReplyDeleteFunny - Emily loves Kipper AND Calvin & Hobbes too! Happy Birthday to Seth!
ReplyDelete