Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Long Day

I have been sick for the last week or so with a head cold and junk.  Sometimes I really hate being a girl.  I especially hate being a girl when I'm sick to start out with.  My cycles have been a pain since Jane was born, I feel like I am 12 years old all over again when it comes to the cramping.   I'm starting to feel better, but I'm not completely better, so I feel anxious to do things, but lack the energy.  With the time changing, today has seemed so long.  We all woke up around 6 this morning.  This evening it started getting dark, so I started dinner.  I looked at the clock and realized that it was 5 and dinner was almost ready.  So, we had an early dinner and the boys are watching a movie before we do bedtime.  Seriously, gaining an hour is more trouble than it is worth.  Bleh. 


It is going to be a long winter with it being dark so long.  I really don't do well with the dark.  I could never handle Alaska during the winter, but I've told Daniel that I would love to live there during the summer.  I've got to figure out what to do to get me through the blahs of the dark winter.  Any suggestions?

Yesterday Jane was in a playful mood, so I took pictures of her.  Here are a few of my favorites.



Jane was playing with the blanket and stuffed it in her mouth.  What a silly girl!

I love her long eyelashes!

3 comments:

  1. Daylight Savings is really hard with young kids. And I am not a fan of the dark either. I just grin and bear it and start counting down the days until spring comes again. I love that last picture of Jane by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a hard time with cold and dark. That's one reason I am trying to figure out how to move to a warmer, brighter climate . . .

    When living in a colder, darker climate it actually helps me to do the old method of looking into direct sunlight when possible for a few minutes at a time; failing that use a very bright light in some areas of your home that you spend time. And go ahead and keep the thermostat a bit warmer. For me those things help a lot.

    I love the photos of Jane playing. She is such a lovely little girl!!

    Hugs to all the fam -- and to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't done this for a long time. But I need to. I listen to music that reminds me of a sunny day at a beach. Any more when I turn the music on either Cooper or Tanner change it or drowned it out with their own clock radio's!
    Thanks for the invite to the gym. Please invite me again. I can't seem to go by myself these days of darkness, but the gym is a good way to get those endorphins going:)
    If you have idea's I could use them as well. I don't like winter either. I just want to curl up with a warm blanket and hibernate!

    ReplyDelete