Friday, November 5, 2010

My Latest Project

What you wanna do?
I don't know.  What you wanna do?
I don't know.  What you wanna do?
Now don't start that again!

Madeleine and I have found a project that will keep us busy for the next two years!  We bought a wall quilt pattern kit that has a quilt for each month of the year.  We started out with October and we are currently working on December.  We have pulled our fabric together to share and it has been fun to see how differently the finished project is.  I am very happy with how they both turned out!

Here is Madeleine's October quilt

Here is my October quilt
(I chickened out and didn't make my pumpkin a jack-o-lantern)

Here they are side by side in the back of my van.  Yep, the back of the van.  That is why the lighting is so weird!  We got together for lunch and then pulled out our fabrics and sat in the van to show our finished quilt and plan our next one.  

4 comments:

  1. Those turned out really cute! I want to learn how to quilt one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Those are adorable!! You are amazing.

    BTW, I keep forgetting to call you and let you know it is AWESOME to go to my garage and pull out all the Fall clothes you gave me for Jack. He was running out of things that fit him and now he has a whole new wardrobe! Thanks again for the hand-me-downs. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are really cute! I love to change my door decorations each month, but as some are bulky I have been getting new flat ones. Yours are the best! Cute, easy to store, won't break in storage. Nice work. I have always been jealous of your sewing skills:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "SEW" cute.:) Where did you find the quilt patterns? This would be way fun to do.

    ReplyDelete