Jane's face is very expressive. She seems to have a different expression all of the time. The face that she gives people a lot is her furrowed brow look. I'm not sure what she is thinking or what to call it other than the furrowed brow. Here are some expressions that I have caught on camera recently:
 |
| Happy |
 |
| Sad |
 |
| Confused |
 |
| The Furrowed Brow |
 |
| Exhausted |
 |
| Surprised |
 |
| Content |
 |
| Curious |
The other morning Paul and Jane were looking out of the laundry room window together. Paul decided to go outside and surprise her. I love to see how tender he is with his little sister! Jane's face lit up when she saw Paul outside. She looked up at me with the biggest grin. It was such a fun little moment to share!



Jane has made a lot of advancements in the past few months. She started to sit up unassisted the first part of December. This is also when she started eating solids. By mid-December, she was rolling over. The first part of January is when she figured out how to crawl and pull herself up to the furniture. She is now a pro at crawling and scooting around the furniture. She has been letting go of the furniture and balancing for a few seconds here and there, so it is just a matter of time before she is walking. In January two of her bottom teeth came in and in February she had her 'fangs' come in. She was rather clingy when her teeth hurt, but she didn't seem too miserable. It was actually nice to have her wanting to be held and cuddled (except for when I needed to make dinner!)
Jane is 9 months old today. I seriously cannot believe how quickly time has gone. This morning I watched some of the videos that we took of her when she was first born. That seems so long ago. That baby seems almost like a stranger to me because Jane has changed so much in the past 9 months. She has been a lot of fun to be around. I am so happy to have her in my family.
Today was the day I was hoping to be at my pre-pregnancy weight. You know the saying "It took 9 months to put it on, it takes 9 months to take it off". That was my mantra until a few weeks ago when I realized that 9 months was just around the corner and I wasn't willing to put in the work to loose the weight really fast. I have 8 pounds to work off (to get to my pre-pregnancy weight and another 5 to get to where I was 2 years ago). I have a stack of jeans that I would love to wear, I just need to drop another 5 or so pounds to wear them. I think that with the weather getting nicer I will be more active (or at the very least the sun will be shining more and I won't feel so depressed). I really need to just kick into gear and make my workouts more effective. I went to a kick-boxing class and loved it, but I couldn't move for two days! I just need to go and quit making excuses.
My new mantra is "Be patient- work hard- work with purpose"
She's so beautiful! At least I get to see her on your blog. :) And don't worry, I haven't worked off my pregnancy weight yet, and my baby will be 4 years old. I think you are beautiful right now!
ReplyDeleteoh, call me to go with you to kick boxing. I think I can get out now! I would like to get to my pre-hospital weight and I didn't have a baby.
ReplyDeleteExcellent mantra. Patience and consistency is the key to success. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDelete