Monday, July 27, 2015

Payson Lakes Family Camping Trip

Last year's adventure at Payson Lakes was a hit, so we decided to return this year.  I got the reservations a bit messed up and reserved B loop instead of C loop.  But we had plenty of parking for everyone, so it was all good!  I had been worried about the weather being too hot (last year it was too cold) because it had been in the 100's in the valley all week. Fortunately things cooled down nicely and we had a pleasant stay.  I love being near the lake.  The view is absolutely beautiful.  I like that we can bring our canoes and kayaks and play in the water, too! 

These pictures are all out of chronological order but I've got to just roll with it.  I have a few minutes before I need to log off (I've been an updating fool with this blog today!) so I'm going to label to preserve and be good with it!

  

Cooper, LuJane and Tanner after our walk around the lake

Denise at our hike to the Payson Grotto

Mark and Paul during our second trip to the Grotto

Mark helping some kids get down the mountain. I was impressed that he saw that they needed help and just jumped right in and helped them out!

Mark and Ron at the Grotto

Sherron and Seth at the Grotto (second trip)

Sherron and Seth at the Grotto (first trip)

Getting ready to launch into the water
LuJane Seth Randy Kris Austen Tanner

Paul on the kayak.  This lake is surrounded by such beauty!

Randy and his precious bike on the pier

Seth launching Tanner into the lake.  Meet Kermit- he finally made an appearance on this blog!

I don't even know how this got started but Seth is an elephant, Paul made his ears and Mark is a poacher who is photobombing.  

Wendy and Sherron (or me, I'm not sure how I should be labeling myself)

Wendy on the canoe

One of these days I'll need to get the photos off of my mom's camera.  She took a bunch of the last two trips we've been on together.  

I am really happy that we have found a new tradition for our family.  Everyone seems to enjoy the water play and even though it is a lot to pack to bring up, I really think that it is worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Smiles and cheers for a lake vacation!! Thanks for sharing these, we love reading them-

    ReplyDelete