Monday, July 27, 2015

Spruces with Grandma and Papa

A week after our California trip I pulled Seth out of school (again) to spend 4 days camping with my parents.  My sister and her husband were on a river rafting trip, so my parents were watching their daughter Hailey (age 3).  Jane was excited to have a friend to go camping with and they got along really well the whole trip.  
Mark had to work and Paul had a summer science class so they weren't able to join us.  

Grandma and Hailey roasting marshmallows
 We invited Kim's boys to stay with us.  They were only able to stay one night, but they stayed for two full days with us.  The first morning we left the little girls with the 'old people' and hiked to Lake Mary.  One of the classes at Seth's school had a field trip up to the lake so we saw some of his friend's little brothers.
Kevin, Nathan Seth

Kim and Sherron at Lake Mary (and no, that is not a baby carrier that Kim is wearing- it is Kevin's sling bag and the arms of Kim's white shirt that is wrapped around her waist!)

Jane posing on her chair and Seth


S'mores!

Jane doing another pose for the camera
The kids spent a lot of time playing in the creek that was in our campground.

We walked around Silver Lake
Jane Sherron Seth
Jane had no problems climbing to the top of this rock.  Once she was at the top she decided that she was afraid of heights and needed a little help to get down.


Kevin Seth Jane Nathan Ron

Kevin Nathan Seth Jane

My cute dad with Jane (pretending that her arm was broken and in a cast)

Seth- he sure is growing up!  He is a delight to be with!

The final night we were up there Daniel and Paul came up to the mountains to eat dinner with us.  About an hour before he was set to arrive, Jane had an accident.  She was talking with my mom and turned around to leave and she tripped on the cement fire pit ring and fell in.  Thankfully we didn't have a fire going, so it was cold and she didn't get burned.  She did, however, hit her teeth on the cement and it pushed her front right tooth behind her left tooth.  I had some teething gel with me so I put some on her gums and used my fingers to pop the tooth back into place while my dad held her.  She didn't give much of a fight, but I know that it hurt.  The gums around the area went from being white to pink.  I knew that she'd be sore that night, so I just planned on having her go home with Daniel.

I totally played the "Glad Game" after that happened.  I'm glad the fire wasn't going. I'm glad the tooth didn't break. I'm glad she didn't need stitches. I'm glad Daniel was coming up so that she could get some medication and a good night's sleep at home. I'm glad my mom had some frozen chicken tenders we could use as an ice compress (we didn't have any ice!). 

Seth decided to go home with Daniel so I got to spend a night in the tent by myself.  My parents were still there with me in their trailer, so I felt safe.  It was really nice to go to bed without having to get anyone else ready for bed!  I tried out a new air mattress that I had purchased and it wasn't a good fit for me.  I woke up early in the morning in a lot of pain. It was about 6 am when I decided to get up to walk and stretch to get my back feeling better.  The world was quiet but little birds and critters were running around.  I set up my chair next to the creek and did a lot of stretching and nature watching.  It was really amazing to be the only one awake- it was like I had the mountain all to myself for a little while.  The stretching helped me feel better, and I was getting a bit chilled, so I crawled back into bed and took a little nap until the rest of the world woke up.  It was one of the best mornings I've had while camping in a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment