Paul Harvey always delighted me with his radio series titled "And Now For the Rest of the Story". He would include interesting background information to national headline stories that really made the story come alive.
Unfortunately, I don't have any cool stories to elaborate on. Rather, I have paragraphs from a previous post that I need to finish.
I read through my last few posts and I was embarrassed because I realized that I started to put a thought down, and then moved on before really finishing the thought. My brain really is turning into oatmeal. My attention span is terrible lately. Those are my excuses for my lack of detail in my posts.
Seth's birthday post.
"Seth has been struggling trying to decide how grown up he wants to be. He has been trying to tie his own shoes. He gets dressed alone (I only intercept when he wears camouflage with plaid or tie dye)."
Since Seth was about 18 months old, he has been sleeping with a bracelet. It is one that Mark got from school on Red Ribbon week. It is a silicon bracelet like Lance Armstrong's "livestrong" bracelet. I have purchased about 10 of these bracelets so that we never had to worry about not being able to find one at night. He rolls the bracelet around in his fingers and sometimes rubs it across his lips.
Now, he can't decide from night to night if he wants his bracelet or not. He fluctuates between wanting his night light on (which is a cool globe night light, like the one on the movie While You Were Sleeping) He sometimes wants his music on, and other nights claims that he doesn't like music while he tries to sleep. He seems to want to let go of these things, but after two or three nights without the bracelet, he requests it and enjoys its comfort.
I'm not sure if Mark and Paul are teasing him about his night time comforts, or if he is just naturally experimenting his nights without them. It must be a rather confusing and difficult experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment