Snarky; Adjective: (of a person, words, or a mood) Critical; cutting; testy.
That describes our family lately. We have all been a bit snarky with each other. Seth has enjoyed school, but he is tired. Paul is tired. Mark is just plain snarky. Me? I've been snarky and depressed. Not a fun combination. Daniel has been tired and trying the best of all of us not to be snarky, but his boss has been super snarky.
Fortunately, Jane can't be snarky, but she has been needy. She has been sleeping through the night most nights (8 hours) so we shouldn't complain that she needs us more during the day. I feel like I am falling behind on everything.
I'm going to go find some "Snarky Be Gone Elixir" before I go pick the boys up from school.
And then you call a friend and chat! Or say "Let's do lunch!" or sy "Bring me a caramel apple from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory!" (Can you eat those? They're yummy!) I've been thinking about you lately. It's been awhile since our last get together and chat. Let's catch up!!!
ReplyDeleteI need some of that Elixir! If it makes you feel better, the last "snarky" thing I said was, "Ellie, I will take you swimming if you promise not to say WATCH MOM ever five minutes." Mike gave me one of "those" looks.
ReplyDeleteSorry! It seems like those kind of feelings are catching throughout the house. Hope you can pull everybody out of it.
ReplyDeleteIt must be in the air. I am queen snarky today. I don't drink soda but I purchased four two liters of coke today and a few candybar chasers to boot!
ReplyDelete