Today I had fun telling the boys all of the fun "This is the last time you have to (fill in the blank) this year". Mark was excited about his last morning teeth brushing, last load of laundry and last morning chore. Seth didn't quite understand my jokes and he panicked to the point of tears when I announced during dinner that this was the last dinner I was making this year. We explained that today was the last day of the year and tomorrow is a new year, but he was really worried until I assured him that we were having dinner tomorrow.
The boys and I went swimming today. I played tag with them and I had to sit myself out because I was so tired. Running through water is exhausting. I'll take the consistency of the treadmill any day.
I took all of the Christmas decorations down and the house looked empty. I still keep up some winter decorations, but the spot where the tree was felt so cold. Last year Mark had made a cool snowflake, so I found directions online and made some to fill up the space where the tree was. I have really enjoyed these fun snowflakes.
Tonight's dinner consisted of pizza and bacon wrapped cocktail sausages (also known as heart attacks on a stick). We played with the black light and had fun seeing things glow.
After dinner we went outside and lit some sparklers. My boys had never used sparklers before and I think that they had a lot of fun. If it hadn't been so cold outside(it was about 12 degrees outside but it felt like 4 degrees), I think that we would have enjoyed them even more.
Once we were inside and thawed out (and my glasses finally un-fogged) we played a new board game called Sorry the U-Build-It version. It was fun but the kids were tired. I think we'll pull it out again tomorrow and play while everyone is well rested.
We decided to try a new dessert out and it was a hit. Daniel and I made crepes. They were delicious. We made a strawberry cream cheese filling and topped it with strawberry sauce. My dairy-free version was a lemon cream cheese filling. We all devoured our crepes and determined that it was our new New Year's Eve tradition. This dessert was so simple to make.
Well, this is the last post I am going to make this year.
I can't wait to do all of the "you haven't done (fill in the blank) all year!" jokes tomorrow. I love saying that I haven't brushed my teeth or taken a shower all year. Daniel's favorite one is that he hasn't made love all year long (which is something he loves to resolve). He he!
I love numbers so I am excited to see tomorrows date of 1-1-11. I am hoping to make some changes with my blog in the future. I'd like to add some new features and post more of my goals and the progress I am making with my goals. This isn't a new year's resolution type of thing, more of something that I have been thinking about for the past few months, but haven't implemented. I'm working on what I want to do and how I want to do it. Hopefully within the next few weeks I'll be able to put more time into it.
Here is to a wonderful new year.
This is the last blog comment I am going to make on this blog this year!! HA HA I had to play!!! Love you lots!
ReplyDelete