I have had a migraine since Friday afternoon. It has eased, but I still feel woozy and out of it. It is the migraine hangover. It sucks. I haven't had a headache this bad for a long time. I cannot believe that this was my status quo a few years ago. I felt like this ALL of the time for the most part of two years.
Anyhow, I am taking today easy and not spending much time on the computer. My PhD post will not be done today. If tomorrow is better I might do it then, or I will just wait until next week.
A little funny thing that I want to share. Seth wakes up around midnight nearly every night to use the bathroom. He has a tough time getting his body to the bathroom, so he stands in his room and cries sometimes until someone helps direct him to the bathroom. He is awake, but he is completely disoriented. He knows that he needs to go to the bathroom, but he can't figure out how to get there. I have found him standing next to the window in his room, 'stuck' in front of the wall in his room trying to get out to go to the bathroom. Some nights he is so out of it that he needs help taking his pants down. Sometimes the things he does is quite comical. Last night was one of them.
He was sleeping downstairs in the hut that he and Paul made. He woke up and stood next to his hut. I directed him to the bathroom and fixed the blankets for him to make getting back to be easier. Seth started to holler (I can never understand what he says when he is out of it like this) so I went to the bathroom to help him. The bathroom door wasn't closed all of the way because the cabinet door under the sink was open all of the way. Seth was standing right in front of the sink acting like he was trying to find a handle to flush. I was really confused until I realized that he had urinated into the bathroom cabinet. The towels were freshly wet and the floor had a little puddle. Seriously? I took the towels out of the cabinet and went into the hallway to get a Clorox rag to clean up. While I was in the hallway, I told Seth to go get back into bed. He said okay and turned toward the shower, moved the curtain back and started to get into the tub! I redirected him and he went back into his little hut and fell asleep immediately.
I asked him about this incident this morning. He said that he remembered getting up to use the bathroom. I asked if he remembered peeing on the towels and walking into the bathtub. He got really upset and told me to stop making up lies about him. The story really does sound unbelievable, but it really did happen.
I will work on a post about the chore chart later. Let's hope that this migraine will go away soon. Blah.
That's funny. Jacob once peed on the front of the bathroom vanity one night when he was mostly asleep. I'm glad he didn't open the doors and pee on the towels!
ReplyDeleteAusten would do crazy things when he was having night terrors. He never remembered a thing in the morning. The specialist we consulted told me to make him wash his hands BEFORE he used the bathroom. She said it is one of the few things you CAN'T do in your sleep. (weird right?) After he washed his hand if you feel they are not awake have them dab their wet hand on their face. Then let them proceed to use the restroom and then rewash their hands.
ReplyDeleteIt worked for us! Really. It took about a month.
My Jacob has done that as well. We woke up to some commotion only to find him with a dresser drawer pulled open and him standing in front of it peeing. It is a comical situation and quite unbelievable, but I bet most mothers have had the same experience. LOL. These kids sure have a way of keeping us entertained :0)
ReplyDelete