I wanted to be back at my pre-pregnancy weight nine months after Jane was born. When I realized that that wasn't going to be happening, I gave myself nine more months. I am so happy to say that I am there! I am at my pre-pregnancy weight! Not just pre-Jane, but pre-Mark weight! Right now I weigh the same as I did thirteen years ago! The strange thing is that even though the number on the scale is the same, my body sure doesn't look the same! Things have shifted and scarred and enlarged, but I still love my body.
I realize that I probably won't ever get rid of the little pouch of skin on my tummy. The scars from the many (MANY) stretchmarks won't go away, but I love that they are my physical reminders that I had the wonderful opportunity to have life grow inside of me. I have chosen to let those silvery scars represent love and life, not disgust and discouragement. I am so grateful to be a mother.
Throughout my journey of loosing weight, Daniel has always made me feel beautiful- even if I didn't think that I was. His encouragement helped me to have the patience I needed to make this journey. Thank you Daniel, for always finding me to be beautiful in your eyes.
My wedding dress is sitting in my cedar chest and I have an itch to try it on. I'm not so sure if it is a good idea or not. I'm afraid that I won't be able to zip it up over my hips. They are definitely wider. My ribcage is wider, too. My 13th anniversary coming up next week, so I think that it is why I'm thinking about it. What do you think? Should I pull it out and try it, or leave it alone?
Hmm. That's tough one. I say if you think that you'll still be happy with yourself whether it fits or not than go ahead.
ReplyDeleteHmmm. Like Krista said.
ReplyDeleteAt my advanced experience, I never even wonder what something like that would be like. I don't want to deal with the let-down. As you say Sherron, your adult body is a way good one and you and each of us should treasure each mark and wrinkle. Easy to say....
But congrats!! Way to go on getting into shape!
Oh, go ahead and try it on! :) I say if it fits over one of your thighs at least, you are doing pretty dang good! I'm with ya on the misshappen body, it seems to be the name of the game when you are a mom. Great job on your weight loss!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your weight loss. And Yes, I am jealous. But I am still happy for you. You deserve it because you have been working so hard for so long. I rented my wedding dress, so it isn't an option for me. But I did try on my Jr. Prom dress after having Karly. And I weighed the same, but the dress didn't fit. And I am still sad about it. So I agree with Krista.
ReplyDelete