Thursday, May 31, 2012

Watching Grass Grow

I had my eye surgery done almost 5 weeks ago and I still cannot see clearly.  I have been super frustrated.  My body is just being slow to heal.  The cornea looks good, so it is just a matter of time until the tissue in front of the cornea heals.  The last week or so I have been more active mainly because I have figured out how to work around the blurry vision.  The doctor said that my vision in the right eye is 20/25 but the tissue in front of the cornea makes the vision hazy.  If you have ever put on a pair of sunglasses after a little kid with sticky fingers has played with them (leaving smudgy fingerprints on the lenses) then you know how my vision is right now.  I hope that this opinion changes, but right now I am deeply regretting having done the surgery. 

The last day of school before the kids went off-track, Seth's class planted grass in a cup.  I have been watching the grass grow- literally!  It got long enough to put some of Jane's hair clips in it.  Seth had a lot of fun watching Mr. Grassman! 

This off-track session was the last one I had with all of my kids.  I am upset that I wasn't able to do all of the things we had planned.  We still did a few things though, thanks to my parents, Uncle Nathan,  and Madeleine for being the drivers!  

We went to Hale Center Theater for a back stage tour.  It was amazing to see all of the work that goes on to put a play together.  We got to go down in the mechanical room to see the stage.  Hale Center is a theater in the round, so there isn't really a back stage.  The stage can rotate and move up and down, so we were under the stage looking at all of the equipment it uses to operate the stage.  We had a great time with my parents and Madeleine! 

The last week off-track was pretty busy for the boys.  Their Uncle Nathan came and took them swimming and out to dinner on Monday. 

Wednesday my parents took us to Thanksgiving Point to the farm. The kids got to ride on the ponies and enjoyed it.  Jane giggled almost the entire time!     





My Mom and Dad (Isn't my dad so cute?)
Friday Madeleine took us to Kennecott Copper Mines. Madeleine was so cute!  She put little toys on each of the seats for the kids to play with on the way there.  Then while we were viewing the mine, she put little treats out for each of us to discover when we got back in the car.  The kids got PEZ and I got a bag of cinnamon bears!  She is so sweet!  (She is going to make an awesome grandma!  Her daughter is due with a baby girl in August!)
It was a stormy day, but the rain and clouds cleared up in time for us to visit. 
Mark, Madeleine, Paul, Seth and Jane (who wanted nothing to do with posing for a picture!)

Mark, Paul, Seth, Jane, and Yours Truly!

Mark and Jane

Madeleine and Seth

Friday Daniel and I went to SLC to the Assembly Hall on Temple Square to see his cello teacher perform in the string quartet that she is part of.

It was great to finally get out and do things.  The first few weeks traveling was difficult because not being able to see clearly really made me carsick.  I still can't see clearly, but the vision had definitely improved over the last few weeks. 

1 comment:

  1. So busy-- you all are amazing!! And it all looks like such fun. Happy thoughts- and especially that your eyes will heal totally, and you will see clearly! Love to all-

    ReplyDelete