I heard myself say "Quit getting along and just be quiet!" I'm crazy!
I thought that we'd play a game to keep them occupied. The Alphabet game is always fun. Then I looked ahead and saw this:

I knew that this is all we would see for a long time. We were finally able to play the alphabet game. Thank goodness for the Quizno's sign or we would have been stuck on 'Q' forever!
The boys got silly again after the game and I found myself doing something that I have never done; I threatened them with their father. I told them I was going to call Dad and they could tell him how they are behaving. At a rest stop, I called Daniel and told him what I had done. I felt terrible. I apologized. Daniel said that he is willing to be the threat. Thankfully the rearranging of seats calmed the boys down enough that I didn't have to follow through with my threat.
I love spending time up in Idaho with my brother and his family. My niece and nephews are so beautiful! The boys had a great time with their cousins.
Kyle, Ryan and Natalie came home from camp the day we got there. Kyle's clothes proved that he had been at camp. His socks were really dirty. He was really proud of the fact that he brought 6 pair of socks for a 5 day trip and had 2 pair that were still clean! Yuck!
On Saturday we went to the City of Rocks and explored. It was a hot day, so we searched out the cool areas in the rocks. It was amazing!
My Mom and Dad

Kelly and Dad

Natalie, Kelly and Paul

Seth, Paul and Sherron

Mark

After City of Rocks, we went to Eric's play. It was fun to see Eric all grown up and comfortable on the stage. I can't believe how tall he is! He did a wonderful job! Paint Your Wagon doesn't make it onto my all time favorite list, but it is a fun musical!
We were about 5 hours behind schedule in leaving for home because of a flat tire. Mom and Dad took the van in to get it fixed and the boys and I stayed at Kelly's. The ride home was very peaceful as the boys were exhausted from staying up late and playing hard.
I took a lot of pictures, but I realized that I didn't get any pictures of Jenn or of me with Kelly. I guess that I'll need to repeat the trip again soon! I love the pictures of my boys with my brothers and sisters. I don't have any pictures that I can think of with my Aunts or Uncles, so I like to get pictures of my boys with their Aunts and Uncles.
I don't have pictures with my Aunts and Uncles either. I need to make sure I get pictures of my kids with theirs. Thanks for the reminder! Looks like a fun trip!
ReplyDelete