Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Paint

I have been in the mood to paint. All of the bathrooms need to be painted to cover the patching jobs from the old lights. I have wonderful plans, well ideas, for the rooms. They are all far too ambitious, so I will most likely tone down the projects.

I really want to paint walls, but I am settling for smaller projects that can be done in the garage and won't require as much time or energy. Besides, it will be easier to get the bathrooms painted while the boys are at school.

Tomorrow I plan to paint the wood that we are using to fix our gate (the $1200-1600 price tag is too much to swallow even months after getting the estimate, so we are trying to fix it another way). I have cut the molding for Mark's bathroom mirror, so now I need to paint it and then attach it to the mirror. If energy is still running high (and the weather cooperates) I am going to paint the decks and stairs that are in the backyard.

After all of my painting fun, the boys and I are going to go up to Idaho with my parents to visit my brother and his family. My nephew, Eric, is in a musical called "Paint Your Wagon". I've never seen it before, only heard of it, so it will be fun to see something new.

I have explained to the boys what we were going to see. I said that they are going to talk and then break out into song and dance. Mark asked if it was like the movie High School Musical. Yes, it will be like HSM.

Daniel will be staying home and having a weekend with his brothers. They are hanging out and going to a golf tournament. Hopefully they won't paint the town red!

2 comments:

  1. I love Paint your Wagon. It's a good one. Good luck on all your projects. I do agree that it seems easier to get it done when the kids are back in school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to have a busy week. I love paint your wagon too. My dad use to make us watch the old movie and now I could sing you all the song by heart! Have fun and get painting!!

    ReplyDelete