Thursday, July 30, 2009

Feeling Crafty

My mind was on a wonderful creative streak this week. I have been able to vision how I want to decorate my living room! I am so excited! I have purchased some material to make curtains and I have bought some wood to make a shelf. Hopefully I will get a burst of energy to allow me to implement these ideas.

Several months ago I took a map home from by brother-in-law's house to make a frame for it. (okay, I was planning on getting the frame made by his birthday in April, but obviously it hasn't happened!) It has been rolled up and I need to flatten it out. The only place I could think of that was big enough was under the glass table top in our kitchen. I put it there and I love it!


When I finally get around to making the frame for Ben, I will have to try out different maps. The boys feel like they have their own table top version of Risk!

I decided to celebrate the ending of the first week of school by making these clip boards for a teacher friend. It turned out so cute, that I made some for Mark and Paul's teachers. They are really easy to make and I had a lot of fun! I still need to scrape Modge Podge off of my table!
The front:


The back:


I finally finished a chair that I have been working on forever. Literally it has been forever. This chair was given to me by Daniel's mom. I used it in Seth's nursery. When we moved back to Utah, I decided that it needed a fresh look, so I stripped it down and there it sat in the garage forever.

I didn't think about doing a before picture. Here is the best shot I have.


After literally hours of sanding to remove tic-tac-toe games and a loving message of "hi", I was able to get the chair to look more modern. It isn't perfect by any means, but I like it!

Tomorrow, Daniel's sister, Deborah, is going to to come and pick it up. I was ready to quit working on the chair and get rid of it when Deborah called and asked if we had any furniture that we didn't need. I decided that I would finish the chair and give it to her. Having someone to give it to who will appreciate it gave me the incentive I needed to finish the project.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You have been busy! Love the clipboards. Very cute. The chair is beautiful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the clipboards, will you make one for me? ha ha. You are so creative, and I wish I had half of your energy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chair looks really good but I LOVE the clip boards! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete