Saturday, September 19, 2009

Primer

I am now a believer in the power of paint primer. A few months ago I painted my front door. I had to put 5 coats on plus a touch-up session. Yesterday I decided to paint the door that goes from the garage to the inside of the house. I had some primer from a previous project that was similar in color, so I primed first. I was able to finish the project in 3 coats (the last coat being more of a touch-up-and-cover-again-just-to be-safe-coat)

This project was far more relaxing and enjoyable than the front door project. Since I had the paint supplies out, I grabbed the white primer and covered the trim work around the door. It was bare wood and needed quite a scrub down to get it clean. I'm thinking about painting the walls in the entry area of the garage. Something about the unfinished state of it is unwelcoming. The beautiful red door now makes the walls look sad and unloved!

2 comments:

  1. The fun thing about painting is every wall is attached to another wall...and another wall...and pretty soon you're painting the whole house!! It sure looks great after it has a new coat of paint though. I love what primer does to your paint jobs. It makes everything look so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Marianne, if you don't want to paint the WHOLE house, don't paint anything!! :-) Your house is coming along so cute though! Did you hang up your mirrors yet? I better keep coming visiting teaching so I can keep up on your progress. :-)

    ReplyDelete