My last post made one of my friends think that she can refer to me with any punctuation questions. That is laughable! I say that because I struggle with knowing where to punctuate, so I got that book to help me. I figured that if I figured out one new rule from the book and remembered it that I was doing good. I really am not a punctuation vigilante. Well, I guess that I am, kind of.
There's a list of words that are misused that drive me crazy. These words, when used incorrectly, make me shake my head, grimace, roll my eyes or Since I know that y'all are just dying to find out what is in this list, I will share it with you!
there, their and they're
its and it's
whose and who's
I understand that they are homophones, but each word means something different.
My last grievance is the term "a lot". It is a two word term, not one word. So, "alot" is not a word.
No comments:
Post a Comment