Saturday, March 20, 2010

Frustrated

Last night I had a brilliant idea to aid my ice cravings.  Lately I have been putting the ice cubes in the blender, dumping the ice shavings into a cup and putting in some lemonade (homemade lemonade- but not freshly squeezed).  I thought that it would be wonderful to make small ice cubes out of  the lemonade and then shave the lemon ice. 

 

I needed a small ice cube tray, so I headed out to Walmart to pick one up around 9 p.m. last night.  The parking lot was really crowded.  The west entrance was closed and guarded by employees and policemen.  A news truck and a radio truck were parked in front. 

 

I should have listened to my gut and just left, but I didn’t.  I wanted an ice cube tray.  No, I NEEDED an ice cube tray. 

 

I found a parking spot near the front and went in.  That is when I found out what all the hoopla was about.  Twilight.  The DVD came out last night and people were lining up to get the DVD and hopefully sneak a peek at a few of the actors from the movie. 

 

To each their own, I thought, as I made my way towards the kitchen  isle.  There was a stinking road block.  People were lined up in the isles 4-5 people wide and it went from the electronic department to the house goods department, completely blocking my access to the ice cube trays.  I was so upset.  I was irritated.  Come on, people, this is a store where people actually want to buy things, but they can’t because you are sitting on the floor in the isle  blocking access to half of the store so that you can buy a movie that you have already watched. 

 

I could feel my heart rate elevate.  My eyes were burning with hot tears.  I just want a freaking ice cube tray people.  I started feeling disoriented and angry.  This pregnant woman had to get out of the store before a melt down occurred.   

 

The fumes stopped by the time I got out of the parking lot.  Luckily the grocery store nearby had the tray I was looking for. 

 

I am sitting here with my cup of shaved lemon ice.  It is delicious. 

 

The news said that 5000 people were at the store last night for the DVD.  Ha!  I smirked.  The store only had 1000 DVD’s. 

4 comments:

  1. Ha, ha! I love it (the fact that there weren't enough dvds for everyone. I call that karma. I'm sorry it was such a terrible experience. I hope the lemon ice cubes work great for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the hoopla. I know the feeling when you NEED ice RIGHT NOW!!! I went and bought the DVD yesterday, but got too busy and forgot to watch it. And yes, there was no line, and yes, I paid the same price as the other 1,000 people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok Sherron..did you see New Moon? I totally would have mowed a pregnant ice craving woman down to get another look at Jacobs abs...lol

    I am right there with you on the ice thing! When I was pregnant with Ellie I ate SO MUCH ice. It was seriously like a drug. I craved it so much and the second I started crunching I would get a whole body reaction. It was crazy! The weird thing is that it went away RIGHT after she was born. Mike brought me a fruity drink with tons of those yummy ice pelets, (the best ones!!) and they did nothing for me. I haven't craved ice since..but I have had like 5 crowns put on my teeth. Pretty sure all that chewing destroyed the enamel on my teeth. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've gone to extremes when you venture to Walmart to buy ice trays. See, shopping at Walmart is bad for you, and chewing on ice is too!-at least your ice can satisfy you! Glad you got your fix!

    ReplyDelete