Sunday, March 7, 2010

Home Alone

Saturday morning Daniel went to Grand Junction, Colorado to visit his brother, Sam.  He took the boys with him and I was left at home, all alone.  It has been very quiet around here- and I've loved it!  I will be ready for them to come home this afternoon, but I really enjoyed the quiet time. 

I'm still not feeling that great (thus the reason I stayed home- as I actually would have liked to go).  I'm not sure if my 'pregnancy honeymoon' is over or if I am sick.  I still have the sinus mess, but man am I ever tired.  I am in the third trimester and I remember being exhausted like this during my pregnancy with Seth (for every one hour up and about I need two hours of rest).  I didn't get everything accomplished during the 2nd trimester that I wanted to get done.  Most of it can wait, so no big deal, right?  I still want to go and visit my brother in Idaho before I have the baby.  But I think that it will be a wait and see trip.  This sucks.

This weekend I watched Pride and Prejudice (the BBC version), took naps, finished the quilt top, ate half a package of chocolate chips (I melted them and added a big spoonful of peanut butter to it), worked on a few projects in the office and the baby's room, browsed the internet and rested.  I still need to clean up my sewing stuff, but technically it can wait until dinnertime as that is when we will need the table next (unless I just serve cold cereal and have the boys sit at the bar!) 

I have been getting these terrible side cramps at random times that last anywhere from 20-45 minutes.  I went to my doctor on Thursday and he checked to make sure that everything is okay.  My cervix is still closed, so it is just a muscular issue.  That relived me a lot.  My doctor suggested that I put my knees up to my chest and lay in fetal position to shorten the muscle and possibly ease the cramping.  I laughed and told him that fetal position right now is easier said than done.  I'm having one of the cramps right now and I've got to go walk around and find a more comfortable position. 

No comments:

Post a Comment