Lately Seth has been transposing the initial sound of words. He was talking about all of the belly jeans (instead of jelly beans) that he found at the egg hunt at preschool. It is quite innocent and cute. I remember studying this in my phonetics classes in college, but I can't remember the term. He has done this to a few other words (like pooth taste), so I was just mentioning it to Daniel and Mark.
Mark found it to be amazing that Seth could do it without thinking. He started transposing letters to see if I could figure out what he was talking about. It was kind of a fun exercise for both of us.
Saturday afternoon I took the boys grocery shopping with me. I seriously had a wonderful time with the boys. They were being very helpful and we had a lot of fun hunting down the best deals and picking out cereals. The most fun, however, was on the ride to the store. We were switching letters of store titles and city names. We decided that Jouth Sordon (South Jordan) sounded like a Star Wars character and that Baco Tell (Taco Bell) just sounded weird.
When we came past the Food Mart we had a great laugh! I asked if anyone wanted to eat dinner at the Mood Fart and it has now become a catch phrase in our house, even though we decided that it doesn't sound appetizing at all!
While in the store Mark was switching the letters on the cereal boxes and when he asked if he could have some Porn Cops, I stopped dead in my tracks for a second trying to figure out what he was talking about. Apparently Corn Pops doesn't work so well, but I had to quickly (yet discreetly) explain why he shouldn't say that one loudly.
Our family has a favorite jelly bean. It is the Hot Tamale Jelly Bean. Or is that the Tot Hamale Belly Jean?
How fun. For girls camp one year we decided to do the same thing, but with our names. Now eighteen or so years later when I see one of my leaders, we still call each other by those names.
ReplyDeleteAren't porn cops people who crack down on pornography? Hope you're feeling well and that your pregnancy is going well. Can't wait to meet little Jane.
HA HA well you had to know that it was bound to happen to one of the words!
ReplyDeletelol...I laughed at this post. See..good Mom. :-)
ReplyDeleteSilly! Sure glad I'm not named Henise Dumphreys!!!
ReplyDelete