A few weeks ago Daniel's brother, Nathan, took the boys to Lagoon (an amusement park). I was really hesitant to let them go as they seem to get sick in the car so easily that I thought that they wouldn't enjoy the rides there. Boy was I ever wrong! Uncle Nathan got them there as the gates opened and they didn't leave until the park closed (11 am until 10pm). I offered to come and pick them up in the afternoon if they were too sick to keep going, but it wasn't close to necessary!
Aunt Deb and Uncle Chad spent most of their day with Seth doing rides that Seth was brave enough (and tall enough) to go on. Uncle Andy won a stuffed animal for each of the boys. They had a fantastic time.
Mark earned "the easiest $20" of his life when Uncle Andy bet him $20 that he wouldn't go on the ride Wicked. Mark thought for a moment and decided to go on the ride. He was scared (and rumor has it that he used a few choice words when he got to the top) but he had fun!
I am glad that the boys were able to spend some time with their uncles and aunt. They had a 'wicked' time and really surprised me and Daniel with what they did. They wouldn't have had nearly as much fun if Daniel and I had taken them because neither of us enjoy going on rides.
Every time the boys are out of school for their 3 week off-track break, they want to go to Hollywood Connection. It is a small indoor amusement park with miniature golf, rollerskating and a few rides. We have enjoyed going there because it is climate controlled and not too expensive. We went there last week and after about 45 minutes, the boys were ready to go home. They kept saying "is that all there is do to?" Usually I have to drag them out and this time they were bored. That is why I say that Lagoon ruined my boys! I know that it wasn't Lagoon specifically, but it marks the summer that my older boys have graduated from being 'little boys' to being 'boys'. Sigh...
This summer Aunt Deb and Uncle Chad took the boys to the zoo with some of their cousins. The older kids hung out in a group and Deb and Chad had Seth stay with them. Deb said that she had a blast hanging out with Seth. They stopped and got an ice cream cone before they met up with the other group. Seth told Mark that he got an ice cream cone and Mark felt rather slighted. When Deb asked him what his favorite thing was he answered, "It wasn't NOT getting ice cream!" Deb took him over to the ice cream station and bought him an ice cream. What a stinker!
One more thing that I want to put down to remember.
In August, when Daniel's dad got in the motorcycle accident, he called out DNR! DNR! (do not resuscitate) to the paramedics as they were trying to put the breathing tube down his throat. (His lung had collapsed) Obviously one who can call out DNR doesn't need to be resuscitated, but enough with the technicalities!
This story was told several times while family was around, so the boys heard it. The other day they were playing/wrestling and Mark was proving to be the victor with Paul pinned down. Paul wanted out, so he started calling out "DNR, DNR". I guess that around here "DNR" is the new "Uncle"!
No comments:
Post a Comment