Sunday, September 12, 2010

Wearable Blanket

With the weather getting colder and Jane getting more active, I needed something to help keep her warm at night.  She has been kicking off all of her blankets and getting cold.  The wearable blankets that were at the store were all summer ones (light material and no sleeves). 


I need to start sewing again, so I figured that this was the perfect project.  I bought some fleece and found a pattern in my pile of patterns that I tweaked to make what I wanted.

I haven't put a zipper in for a long, long time.  My friend, Madeleine, helped me make some little bags for the boys 5 years ago and the zipper before that project was in my 9th grade home economics class (it was a disaster).  This was the first zipper I put in without assistance!  I did it on the first try too!

The week after I finished this, Target had their winter baby clothes out.  Oh well!

Here is Jane's new wearable blanket: 



Wait a second mom, you forgot something!


There, that is better!

Honestly, Mom, it looks better when I'm wearing it!

4 comments:

  1. I love it! The bright red was a really good choice -- she is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I actually made something very similar when Trevan was a baby and Jakob wore it too. Looks like I'll need to break out my sewing machine again because there's no way I'm putting a baseball blanket on my baby girl! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Klayre had 2 or 3 of these sleep sacks-Were they not in the bin of clothes you borrowed? If not, I'll go look for them, they were very helpful in the winter!

    ReplyDelete