Last night Seth was helping me shuck the corn for dinner. (Is this corn hand-shucked? Name that movie!) He asked me what the little strings were. I told him that it is called corn silk. He asked me if they taste good or yucky. I told him that we don't eat them, so I don't know what they taste like.
Without a pause, Seth informed me that Hawker's grandma (Hawker is Seth's imaginary friend) ate some corn silk and she died. But Shadow's grandma doesn't eat corn silk because she is allergic to it.
(I didn't ask him how Hawker's grandma could be dead and Shadow's grandma is still alive since the two are brothers. In his imaginary world, things are fluid, so I didn't bother him with this detail!)
Seth's advice to all imaginary grandma's is this: Don't eat corn silk. It might kill you.
I'm not sure about you, but I have two grandmas. (one alive still and one not). That is too funny. What cute boys you have. We really need to get together soon.
ReplyDelete