I went over to my parent’s house last night for dinner. Mom said that she had a file on her email account with some of the Taylor Times emails. I looked at it and found only two months worth that I didn’t have. I silently sulked for a few minutes and then had to accept reality.
My parents invited the boys to spend the night at their house so that they could spend their ‘off-track time’ together. The boys were really excited to sleep over. I hope that things went well.
Daniel and I thought that we would spend the alone time to celebrate our wedding anniversary that is coming up next week. It hasn’t quite worked out that way, but the quiet evening was nice. A quite morning will be nice, too!
The reason things didn’t work out the way we had planned is because Daniel left his wallet in the van on the middle console while we were in my parent’s house. When we got out to the van, his wallet was gone. We searched the van with flashlights, searched the boy’s bags and double checked at home to no avail. Daniel was really upset, but soon calmed down and we started making phone calls to cancel his credit card, bank card, etc. He will need to get a new drivers license and all of that fun stuff.
I went to bed around 11 p.m., but I woke up at 3 a.m. By 4 I knew that I wasn’t going back to sleep, so I got up. While I was trying to sleep, I was thinking about the emails that I was able to retrieve from my parent’s yahoo account. I realized that my parents had saved all of the entries that I only had a paper copy of. I got onto their account and forwarded all of those emails to myself. Hurray! I have a digital copy! I will still need to retrieve and organize them all, but HURRAY!
I recalled my dad saying that they had several thousand emails in their ‘inbox’. I wondered if they had any of the missing emails in their and after sorting through their email account for an hour, I have all of my journal entries! I feel so blessed to be able to have these precious memories back! I have the thoughts and events that took place while Seth was a baby and our adventures in Georgia back!
Thank you, Mom and Dad! Thank you!
I'm happy for you that Mom and Dad saved so many emails. What is the right way to save your journal entries? You made me think about that-since I only write them, the what if factor came in. What if my house burned down or water damage? All those written memories would be gone. Oh' all the things that can happen to you!-Denise
ReplyDelete