Yesterday Seth and Paul made comments to me about their future. Both comments took me back a little, as I don't remember verbalizing these wonderment's when I was younger. Well, before I get ahead of myself, let me share what I am talking about.
I was doing my hair and Seth came into the bathroom and started looking through the drawer that was open. He found my wedding ring and started to play with it. I told him that it was the ring that daddy gave me when we got married. As I was cleaning up my things, Seth put the ring away and said,"I just don't know who I am supposed to marry when I get older."
I told him that he probably hasn't met her yet and that it is okay that he doesn't know who it is right now. Good grief, he is only four years old! He was relieved to know that he doesn't have to make the decision now!
Paul came home from school with a bunch of stuff in his backpack. We sat down together to sort through all of it. He showed me a bag full of buttons. They were plastic decorative buttons like snowflakes, baseballs, penguins, books and flowers. I asked him what he wanted to do with them. He got this excited look on his face and told me that some people want to put them on a shirt or something, but "I want to save mine, so that when I get older and I get married, and if I have any kids, I can show them these buttons and tell them that I got them when I was in 2nd grade".
Paul is our sentimental kid. He is very thoughtful and I like that. He is always making me pictures of flowers or leaving little love notes. I know that when he gets older and starts dating, that he will be the type of kid to give little gifts to his dates. He always looks so happy when he gives people his little treasures. He is such a sweet boy.
I'm still kind of shocked that he wants to save something to show his kids. I seriously don't remember thinking that way. Maybe I did, I just don't recall.
So, any ideas of a fun way to display or store the buttons? A plastic baggie just doesn't cut it because my grandchildren will be looking at them someday, you know!
ha ha remember all the buttons grandma kresser had!! Look at a scrapbook store for cute button containers!
ReplyDeleteMake him sew them all on a piece of fabric. There's something awesome about a man who can sew his own buttons. :)
ReplyDelete