This post is literally about crap. If you are eating or if this topic grosses you out, I suggest you, um, pass on this post.
Monday is my laundry day. It was a crappy laundry day this week. Apparently Seth went stinky in his underwear and just buried the undies in his laundry basket. When I put his laundry in the washer, I could smell something, but saw a pair of undies with um, skid marks, shall we say, so I figured that it was the cause of the stink. I was so wrong.
When I went to put the clothes in the dryer, the whole batch had a terrible smell. I just turned the washer back on and put it on a double rinse figuring that would solve the problem. I was soooo wrong.
After the second wash, the laundry still had a stench to it, so I decided that I had better find the culprit. I am cringing just thinking about what I found. Seth must of had a huge load to dump in his underwear. I found poop smeared on the tub of the washer, clumped on the clothes and smeared on a few pair of pants. EEEEEWWWWWWW.
I removed what I could and then put the clothes back in to be washed again with a double rinse. They still stunk, badly. So I put them in for their 4th wash of the day with a cup of vinegar. That seemed to solve the problem.
My sister suggested that I use a little bit of scented fabric softener, but then Seth would just smell like Outdoor Fresh Poop to me.
I thought that dealing with stinky business was over, but tonight I got surprised with another fun adventure.
Mark used the bathroom and the toilet clogged. He flushed it again and tried it again and then called for help. When I came into the bathroom, there was a small sea of ‘muddy’ water on the floor and in the toilet. Oh gross!
I had to get a bunch of old towels and mop up the mess after fixing the toilet. Then I used clorox wipes to scrub everything on the floor. Then I mopped the floor.
I am so glad that I haven’t had to change diapers during this pregnancy. The only time that I threw up while pregnant with Paul was while changing one of Mark’s stinky diapers. Thankfully I wasn’t gagging too badly during my episodes this week.
Oh no - that is NOT good at all. One day they will read this post and need to pay you back dearly by doing something very, very nice for you.
ReplyDeleteEeewww! The things we do for our kids!! At least your bathroom is really clean and sanatized now. :)
ReplyDeleteok, that IS gross! (why did they both happen in the same week!?...that's weird)
ReplyDeleteYou should have called your Visiting Teachers. I would have sent Rachel over right away.lol
PS ARe you making your baby shower guest list??? I will call you tonight and talk about details. :-)
so sorry the things happened all in one week:
ReplyDelete