Friday, February 19, 2010

Confessionals

Several blogs that I read do a Friday Confessional post.  I thought that I’d give it a try.  So here we go:

  • Sometimes I let Seth play the computer  3-4 hours a day
  • because I am too tired to play with him and I need my naptime
  • that makes me a bad mom, but he thinks that I am a cool mom
  • I’m tired of being pregnant- but I’d much rather put up with the exhaustion, heart burn, discomfort and kicks to the ribs than be sitting in NICU wondering if the little one will ever come home. 
  • I cut the boys hair last night.  I cut it shorter than they asked, so that they could go longer between hair cuts.
  • I hate cutting their hair. 
  • But I hate paying $10 a head even more
  • I am really dreading child birth and the aftermath
  • It’s just the unknown factor of childbirth that scares me- all three of my deliveries have been very different.
  • I wish that the baby could ‘spawn out of my belly’ like Seth thinks it will.
  • I wish that Mark and Paul would take more responsibility for themselves. 
  • I mean, is it really a  surprise that you need to clear your plate off of the table after dinner, or brush your teeth before bed?  We do it EVERY night, so why do I have to remind them to do it?
  • Everything I eat lately gives me heart burn. 
  • I like Rolaids better than Tums
  • I hope that our baby has lots of hair.
  • I am almost jealous of how much Daniel loves our baby already.  Seriously! 
  • Daniel spoils me- and I enjoy letting him spoil me.
  • I sarcastically made a loaf of bread for a friend a few weeks ago.  I also made one for my family and now all they want is the homemade bread (well bread maker bread!)  It isn’t that hard, but just something else to do…
  • The smell of baking bread is torture for me- I can’t eat it because of the wheat, but it sure does smell good!
  • Hah!  fancy that, I said that something smells good while I am pregnant!
  • My sister-in-law gave me a bunch of clothes for my boys.  The fabric softener smell was so strong (even after 6 months of airing out in the garage) that I had to wash them with 2 cups of baking soda and use vinegar in the rinse cycle FOUR times to get the scent to a tolerable level.
  • A few more weeks in the garage and another wash or two just might do the trick!
  • I feel like I am neglecting my boys to get things done for the baby. 
  • That is normal, right?
  • The baby’s room looks like Kid to Kid right now with piles of clothes that have been sorted into sizes.  I have had two big boxes/bags of girl clothes given to me this week.
  • I love hand-me-downs!
  • I am having a tough time getting use to seeing the color pink in our house. 
  • I gave a neighbor all of the boy clothes we had (she is due the same day I am) and I have little tinges of regret because of the emotional connection.  But I’d rather the clothes be used than sit in storage. 
  • I really hope that the ultrasound technician was right.  We had better be having a girl!
  • If I were an ultrasound tech and the patient was really bugging me, I might be tempted to tell them the wrong gender. 
  • I don’t think that I was bugging the tech. 

Thanks for the encouragement to do a confessional, Marianne! I think that my post would be more appropriately titled “Friday Whine Fest Mingled with Random Confessions”, but this was kind of fun!  Now I need to go get Seth off of the computer and feed him some lunch.  Maybe we’ll watch a movie after lunch…

7 comments:

  1. I love it! Kind of theraputic, don't you agree? Being pregnant sure is hard. Heartburn is the worst! So sorry that you have it. I am excited for your little girl. Do you have a name yet? Or is it a secret? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard that the worse the heartburn is, the more hair the baby will have. I'm not sure if it's true or not, but that's the rumor. Let me know if you need anything! I'm excited for this baby to come!!! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great post! And don't feel bad about any of the things you do or don't do. That's how all moms are . . . and you totally seem like a wonderful mom to me!

    pink is a fun color to have in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually relate to all of your comments. Life can be confusing and wonderful at the same time. I never got over being afraid about the birth-time. Not because of the pain, but because of all the other stuff, like you mention. You are doing great things in your life and your boys sound to me like normal kids. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this blog. you hit everything right on. You are a wonderful mother and never think less. Having a child is scary at all times but you will do awesome. Your boys are normal and just great boys. They do how ever have an awesome mom and dad:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a great mom you crack me up!!!! I am super excited for a girl for you and I love that you can give your boy clothes away, I am afraid I have a hard time parting with things and I would probably have a breakdown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sherron, I love you! You're so real,THANK YOU!! You are a great Mom, don't be hard on yourself, I need to practice that too! I had such a hard time giving away the boys clothes, but I knew I didn't need them anymore, and someone else got some use out of them. If you ever need to talk about birth, give me a call, you'll be just fine! :)

    ReplyDelete