Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Silver Linings

I woke up Sunday with a terrible sinus mess.  It isn't much better today and I just feel miserable.  I really want to dope up on my beloved NyQuil and go to sleep, but I can't.  This situation, however, has many silver linings:
  • I still have meds that I can take while I am pregnant
  • I just woke up from a nap and Daniel is taking care of Seth
  • I haven't had heartburn for two full days (must be the phlegm lining that is saving me!)

I had to fire our piano teacher.  The method he taught (his own) just wasn't working with my boys.  They weren't learning appropriate technique and the teacher was really busy, so teaching wasn't his priority.  It was so hard for me to make the phone call to tell him that we wouldn't be using his services anymore. 

The boys started with their new piano teacher yesterday.  She is having to start them from the very beginning because they are pretty messed up with lack of technique and understanding of how things work.  I am now paying $5 more a lesson and I have to drive them there.  The silver lining?
  • The boys have a good teacher who is willing to work with them to understand the piano.
  • The boys seem excited about their new teacher.

I feel so ugly right now.  I never feel 'pretty' with a sinus mess, but add a bulging belly to the equation and I just feel ugly.  My boobs feel look like Grandma Kresser boobs as they hang down to my belly when I'm not wearing a bra (TMI?  sorry).  My belly has finally poked out further than my boobs, though.  The maternity clothes that I wore 10 years ago are hideous. 
  • I'm glad that I've had a few people loan me clothes because I'd be going crazy right now in peg-legged panel jeans and tent-shirts. (thanks Denise and Jill!)
  • Just being around Daniel I forget that I feel ugly.  He always makes me feel beautiful.
  • I love Daniel!



 

5 comments:

  1. It's always a relief to find th silver lining in hard situations. The biggest silver lining of all should be that soon you'll have a sweet baby GIRL and it will have all been more than completely worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to find good things in the midst of difficult times. Great job! And who did you finally get for their new piano teacher?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, that's what good husbands do. Randy always makes me feel pretty, even when I am sick. Plus your pregnant not ugly silly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are nothing near ugly-we've all seen ugly before, and well...it's not you! I smile when I see your belly, your little girl is lucky to have you! AND a big thank you to Daniel for taking care of my big sister-Love ya!
    -Denise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're feeling better. There's nothing worse than being sick and pregnant. I'm glad Daniel is taking such good care of you. It seems like when I was pregnant my OB said it was okay to take the regular sudafed and even mucinex. But I can't remember for sure and every doctor is different. Has anyone ever told you about the pregnancy risk line? It's a great resource if you ever have any questions about your pregnancy. Here's a link http://health.utah.gov/prl/ I hope you get feeling better soon and that the rest of you pregnancy goes well. Can't wait to meet her.
    JaNean

    ReplyDelete